•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Nahil to Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 14 May 2023

Rizwanm2

2 hours ago, Rizwanm2 said:

Good afternoon, sand sailers

@Imteeaz @Krishna R @Gurcharan Mehta @Ishak @Felix Obst @Patrick van der Loo @Mark B @Bjoern @Chris Wing @Mahmoud Taha @Looper @Davie Chase 

also i would like to invite waitlist members @Amr Aydin @Zed to join the drive. yes it long train but i trust all of you guys👍.

Also i noticed that tomorrow sunrise is at 5.30 so we should be able to start the drive by early morning. So im changing meeting time at 5.15 AM  and lets drive off by 5.30 AM 

Kindly everyone confirm, i will post the convoy list later today. 

Hey @Rizwanm2, unfortunately will have to pass as the drive would be a bit too early for me. Enjoy the drive!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1

2 hours ago, Rizwanm2 said:

Good afternoon, sand sailers

@Imteeaz @Krishna R @Gurcharan Mehta @Ishak @Felix Obst @Patrick van der Loo @Mark B @Bjoern @Chris Wing @Mahmoud Taha @Looper @Davie Chase 

also i would like to invite waitlist members @Amr Aydin @Zed to join the drive. yes it long train but i trust all of you guys👍.

Also i noticed that tomorrow sunrise is at 5.30 so we should be able to start the drive by early morning. So im changing meeting time at 5.15 AM  and lets drive off by 5.30 AM 

Kindly everyone confirm, i will post the convoy list later today. 

Apologies @Rizwanm2will drop this one 

you guys enjoy, be safe and have fun 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2

49 minutes ago, Rizwanm2 said:

dear team, 

please find below convoy list for tomorrow morning, lets use radio channel 4 fo comms.

image.png.f378c41ca2ada2f8c85873791077fa49.png

image.png

2 tables and I thought 2 separate convoys 😂

• Haha (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

Thanks @Rizwanm2 for organizing such a fantastic drive, the terrain was amazing, and a big thank you to @GauravSonifor joining in and for leading a split convoy, moreover, allowing me to lead part of the way around, it was another great learning experience and super fun. 

Convoy 2 covered 70 km in a little under 3 hrs, pretty impressive given the terrain and a slight interruption from a Monitor Lizard :).

Well done @Imteeaz and thank you for the support and great sweeping duties performed flawlessly.

Convoy 2 @Krishna R @Felix Obst  @Mark B @Patrick van der Loo  I hope you guys had as much fun as we did, it was amazing to see the skills on show today, hence why we were able to cover such a great distance with little to no refusals, this was testament to your driving skills so well done all.

@Mark B hope the wife is feeling better.

I am sure convoy 1 had as much fun as we did.

@Ishak @Bjoern @Chris Wing @Mahmoud Taha @Looper @Zed (hope I did not miss anyone off)

Stats with new app and video thanks @M.Seidam for sharing had fun playing with this.

image.png.9e72a4ee2d23f0c5d1e5adc6eace7075.png

image.png.3e609bdedfb89feb78892bb83b600974.png

image.png.ce46f26071ecca7e35b87f76ea22a8e4.png

• Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 6

@GauravSoni and @Davie Chase, thank you so much for a phenomenal drive this morning. 70km! In that terrain and these temperatures - and after getting up that early ;-) - quite impressive. I was curious to see how the TJ would do in these temps but the extra fan during the pauses kept it properly down. I love the sound the sand makes in that part of the desert on the descents by the way. So unique! 
well driven by all and great way to start a Sunday. Thank you all!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use