•  

Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Qudra to Nahel " Reload in Reverse " - DXB/AD 19 May 2023

M.Seidam

Trip Report

It is always a pleasure to meet old friends as well as new ones. Thank you for all who came and added to the passion of yesterday's drive which was like of a cross country more than of a dedicated drive to a particular area . 

Qudra : ahead of time we all were lined up and ready. after I and my copilot Abdallah greeted every one. checked and breifed our friends before starting to move exactly at 15:30 . it was a good warm up till the cresent lake after which we 'space jumped' to the next one.

Little Sweihan : it was hot and the sand was over cooked and nevertheless we took the challeange and we pushed our vehicles to the next level which was almost like F+ and to my surprise every one passed it through ( the Fb first half of the convoy ) except myself when i got trapped in a very tight V shaped bowl . immediately instructed my second lead not to follow who acted accordingly very safely. maybe this was the only true stuck for the whole trip which needed a redirecting long rope pul in a winch like manner which was done smoothly in no time by @DP1011 . after that one more dune and we were on the eastern sabkha to move to the third part or the journey.

Faqa : driving now bit faster in almost straight to oblique fashion criss crossing medium/large sized dunes till we reached the flat area that lead us to the automatic gate at E14. that was fun indeed. we took our proper break there chating and drinking nice coffe offered by @Pavel Pashkovskiy thank you dear.so kind and generous. meanwhile our freind @Marketa Dobesova almost finshed inflating as she had to leave due to a pre informed commitment to attend.

Nahel : almost less than an hour left and we decided to wrap it at max fun so it was . we had the opportunity to loop , criss cross and climb and surfe along tall dunes in the northen and northen west part of Nahel area.no issues at all even the radio was almost silent... tick tack tick tack .. my convoy was more than punctual on arrival so am i on ending it exactly on time so along the track looping around the grid we palyed we were back at the gate exactly at 7:15 pm

High Lights :

Always the journey what matters and not the final destination. A journey that i enjoyed it to maximum and i hope you all did.

punctuality is highly respected and i have seen it in this drive very obvious which reflects how much you have respect to one another and to this passionate hobby.truly appreciated!

Clear communication is the key to the fluidity/safety of any drive and prevention of any misshapns God forbid.

Adherence to the convoy discipline always is highly appreciated especially from the more experianced drivers which set the best example to the less one .

last but not least learning never ends and continue to realise how much still we dont know which makes us more humble, attentive and considerate and yesterday i promise i have learnt from each one of you including my son somthing to add to my library of precious collection.

@Benjamin i am always impressed of your passion and how safe you take it. thank you for being the perfect second lead .

@Pavel Pashkovskiy truly pleasure to meet you first time. i wondered realy if it was your first fewbie at all. you drove your long sand runner like a walk in the park.  thanks again for the tasty coffee.

@Marketa Dobesova Thank you for joining us at last minute even if it was till E14 . you drove excaptionally well . very well done. 

@Hugo joining the pack of wranglers disguised in FJC never understimate the vehicle nore the driver behind the wheel. excellent driving hope you enjoyed it yesterday.

@Sunil Mathew @Gerrit Bus and @Anoop Nair i am sure you were palying it nicly at the back , always pleasure driving with you guys.

@Amr Aydin it has been long time my friend. happy to see you again.. Thank you for watching our back and the crystal clear communication as always trusted you as one of the few best drivers in carnity. 

last but not least i extend my thanks to @DP1011 for the briliant support, gentle handling of my stuck and the valuable feedbacks and keeping me informed always. oh Abdallah says thank you uncle Deepak for chocolate 😋

take care all till we meet again in another adventure

cheers 

Seidam

image.jpeg.d9c3731d6edf035e16b627633257d630.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Always a pleasure to join your drives doc @M.Seidam from my first Fewbie “infinite loops” to my current position at intermediate :) 

seeing the entire convoy in the rear view mirror was a treat! The sun glamorously shined the sands which gave a unique texture and feeling towards speed & momentum.

Thank you doc for another opportunity up in 2nd lead I hope I performed to expectations it’s always great to share a hobby with new & old friends.

@Pavel Pashkovskiy Thank you for the great coffee :) it was amazing seeing you and @Marketa Dobesova keep up with the tracks with good pace & momentum 

@Amr Aydin I believe it’s the first time we have met but nevertheless it was great seeing you in the back flawlessly keeping the convoy together whilst moving cautiously :) 

@Anoop Nair @Gerrit Bus @Sunil Mathew great meeting you guys old&new faces :) 

@DP1011 always happy to see you on my drives as you have always been present since my first days at Carnity and I hope to many more :) 

have a great weekend everyone :) 

If I missed anyone out I apologize, still though everyone drove amazingly 

National Geographic would be proud! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

6 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

Trip Report

It is always a pleasure to meet old friends as well as new ones. Thank you for all who came and added to the passion of yesterday's drive which was like of a cross country more than of a dedicated drive to a particular area . 

Qudra : ahead of time we all were lined up and ready. after I and my copilot Abdallah greeted every one. checked and breifed our friends before starting to move exactly at 15:30 . it was a good warm up till the cresent lake after which we 'space jumped' to the next one.

Little Sweihan : it was hot and the sand was over cooked and nevertheless we took the challeange and we pushed our vehicles to the next level which was almost like F+ and to my surprise every one passed it through ( the Fb first half of the convoy ) except myself when i got trapped in a very tight V shaped bowl . immediately instructed my second lead not to follow who acted accordingly very safely. maybe this was the only true stuck for the whole trip which needed a redirecting long rope pul in a winch like manner which was done smoothly in no time by @DP1011 . after that one more dune and we were on the eastern sabkha to move to the third part or the journey.

Faqa : driving now bit faster in almost straight to oblique fashion criss crossing medium/large sized dunes till we reached the flat area that lead us to the automatic gate at E14. that was fun indeed. we took our proper break there chating and drinking nice coffe offered by @Pavel Pashkovskiy thank you dear.so kind and generous. meanwhile our freind @Marketa Dobesova almost finshed inflating as she had to leave due to a pre informed commitment to attend.

Nahel : almost less an hour left and we decided to wrap it at max fun so it was . we had the opportunity to loop , criss cross and climb and surfe along tall dunes in the northen and northen west part of Nahel area.no issues at all even the radio was almost silent... tick tack tick tack .. my convoy was more than punctual on arrival so am i on ending it exactly on time so along the track looping around the grid we palyed we were back at the gate exactly at 7:15 pm

High Lights :

Always the journey what matters and not the final destination. A journey that i enjoyed it to maximum and i hope you all did.

punctuality is highly respected and i have seen it in this drive very obvious which reflects how much you have respect to one another and to this passionate hobby.truly appreciated!

Clear communication is the key to the fluidiy/safety of any drive and prevention of any misshapns God forbid.

Adherence to the convoy discipline always is highly appreciated especially from the more experianced drivers which set the best example to the less one .

last but not least learning never ends and continue to realise how much still we dont know which makes us more humble, attentive and considerate and yesterday i promise i have learnt from each one of you including my son somthing to add to my library of precious collection.

@Benjamin i am always impressed of your passion and how safe you take it. thank you for being the perfect second lead .

@Pavel Pashkovskiy truly pleasure to meet you first time. i wondered realy if it was your first fewbie at all. you drove your long sand runner like a walk in the park.  thanks again for the tasty coffee.

@Marketa Dobesova Thank you for joining us at last minute even if it was till E14 . you drove excaptionally well . very well done. 

@Hugo joining the pack of wranglers disguised in FJC never understimate the vehicle nore the driver behind the wheel. excellent driving hope you enjoyed it yesterday.

@Sunil Mathew @Gerrit Bus and @Anoop Nair i am sure you were palying it nicly at the back , always pleasure driving with you guys.

@Amr Aydin it has been long time my friend. happy to see you again.. Thank you for watching our back and the crystal clear communication as always trusted you as one of the few best drivers in carnity. 

last but not least i extend my thanks to @DP1011 for the briliant support, gentle handling of my stuck and the valuable feedbacks and keeping me informed always. oh Abdallah says thank you uncle Deepak for chocolate 😋

take care all till we meet again in another adventure

cheers 

Seidam

image.jpeg.d9c3731d6edf035e16b627633257d630.jpeg

Many thanks to everyone who join the drive. It was great experience. Thanks Doc @M.Seidamfor perfect track. Every new drive i am meeting new, absolutely amazing people. Happy to be part of it.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

8 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Always a pleasure to join your drives doc @M.Seidam from my first Fewbie “infinite loops” to my current position at intermediate :) 

seeing the entire convoy in the rear view mirror was a treat! The sun glamorously shined the sands which gave a unique texture and feeling towards speed & momentum.

Thank you doc for another opportunity up in 2nd lead I hope I performed to expectations it’s always great to share a hobby with new & old friends.

@Pavel Pashkovskiy Thank you for the great coffee :) it was amazing seeing you and @Marketa Dobesova keep up with the tracks with good pace & momentum 

@Amr Aydin I believe it’s the first time we have met but nevertheless it was great seeing you in the back flawlessly keeping the convoy together whilst moving cautiously :) 

@Anoop Nair @Gerrit Bus @Sunil Mathew great meeting you guys old&new faces :) 

@DP1011 always happy to see you on my drives as you have always been present since my first days at Carnity and I hope to many more :) 

have a great weekend everyone :) 

If I missed anyone out I apologize, still though everyone drove amazingly 

National Geographic would be proud! 

Thank you, @M.Seidam for the opportunity to join you even for a half of your beautiful journey 🙌🙏

It was a pleasure to drive with you again ☺️

Thank you @DP1011 for your support and pics ☺️🙏

Thank you @Pavel Pashkovskiyfor a nice coffee break 🙏

Thank you @Benjaminfor the professional second lead 🙌

And thank you all for a nicely spent Friday afternoon 🌻☺️

• Like (+1) 5

Thank you @M.Seidam for an incredible drive and for instilling confidence in all of us throughout the journey (always been a fan of your briefs).

It was a delight to reconnect with old friends and forge new friendships during this exciting trip. I must commend @Benjamin for his capabilities as the second lead, and my long-time companion @DP1011 for providing flawless support throughout the expedition, great to see you again :).

Thank you all for the teamwork @Pavel Pashkovskiy @Marketa Dobesova @Hugo @Sunil Mathew @Gerrit Bus @Anoop Nair.

I want to emphasize an important point for all of us: regardless of our level of experience, it is crucial to keep the fundamentals in mind to ensure the safety of everyone during our drives.

Stay focused and think about the entire team, including your own vehicle, the one ahead of you, and the one behind you. Clear communication plays a vital role in this, as we climb the ladder of experience and embark on faster-paced drives. It becomes even more imperative to work together and prioritize the safety and security of everyone involved.

See you all soon.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Thank you @Amr Aydin for your kind words and valuable feedback on the emphasis on the fundamentals in off-roading which I absolutely agree especially in fast drives like Fb+ and IM , for this reason I always stress on these in the briefs and even more firm on it for higher faster drives . 

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, M.Seidam said:

Thank you @Amr Aydin for your kind words and valuable feedback on the emphasis on the fundamentals in off-roading which I absolutely agree especially in fast drives like Fb+ and IM , for this reason I always stress on these in the briefs and even more firm on it for higher faster drives . 

One of your great simulations @M.Seidam 😄

EB44C437-768F-4A9D-859A-024C775E2895.jpeg

0BE720C4-3843-49DB-8C42-7DAD1232F848.jpeg

Edited by Amr Aydin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use