•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 21 May 2023

Looper

Thanks @Looper for splitting the convoy and allowing me to lead the second convoy today, it was a great route we picked with a lot of different terrain. The Faqa Express passed by with ease as we were shoveling a crested team member. Well @Simon D and @Pacific were actually doing the shoveling :):) i was supervising from the comfort of my leather arm chair with AC on full blast :) 

the terrain that the convoy went through today was some of the trickiest I have seen for a while and powdery soft in places making it more difficult, @Pacific @Ignacio Quindós @Stumpy Paj @Yaseen87 @Simon D @Mark B &@Tareq Al Turq each and every one of you managed it with style and Panish, a very well done to all.

@Ignacio Quindós what can I say, just wow and thank you, fantastic second lead, great distance enabling you to maneuver left or right as soon as I told you to, fit made the drive a lot smoother and safer fantastic support thank you.

@Simon D excellent as always in the CF Role your calm instructions assisted to get the few refusals and stucks we had turned around safely and quickly well done and thankyou.

@Pacific superb support in the SW position helping out Simon where needed in your usual calm and patient manner.

Well done to all and thanks you for making my Sunday one to remember.

some stats for those that enjoy knowing where we went 

image.png.c0c2ffd9d65f361a9c058f95876252d4.png

image.png.f132c3ff0e157205464b2a29633236f4.png

image.png.a3f3b08d0935714d86d3a9cb1fc999d5.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Thank you @Looperfor a great morning out. Very excited to see you leading drives and I look forward to many more! Very impressive driving by the big boys in these tight dunes as well! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @Looper for organizing this drive and @Davie Chase for your fantastic lead.  It was an amazing learning experience, specially on the technical dunes. I’m sure you are exhausted after this drive today. There were areas with very little margin for error, and yet you managed to find a way out. So congratulations on your new role. Hope to drive with you again very soon.

@Simon D and @Pacific thanks for your support throughout the drive. It’s very nice knowing that no matter what happens, you’ll find a solution. 

Guys it was really nice driving with you today, and I hope to see you all again soon!

Davie in action. Rest of the pictures in the gallery.

IMG_3839.jpeg.92717c9c5528aede42ad6782e2171535.jpeg

Cheers!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Butterfly effect: In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state. 

In my opinion above is the prevailing factor for everything that happens during a drive. Perhaps the first turn that I took into the dunes determined what happened in the rest of the drive. In that sense we as off-roaders should always be open to every eventual outcome that might occur during the drive and it is true for every single time for everyone without any exceptions.

It was a full house and it was fantastic drive today. Everyone kept on with the pace with what I was trying to do throughout the drive and hopefully got the adrenaline rush that they desire. For me it is still the dopamine that was needed and I got a healthy boost out of the drive. 

@Mahmoud Taha you were excellent for a 2nd lead - you kept your distance and kept an eye on me and always made minor adjustments wherever necessary. 

@Benjamin while I did not specifically mentioned in the convoy order - you were in fact the centre forward for the drive. Without your help we would have taken a lot more time in the business of fixing things.

@DP1011 it is always a fun experience with you in the drive. I appreciate the insight you bring to every drive and hope to see you next time.

@Jessica Lambert thanks to your couple of pop-outs we three of us became a lot more confident in fixing pop-outs and it was an valuable experience and thanks for affording this opportunity. Just remember the Butterfly effect, there is not escape from it and there could not be any different outcome from the moment we started. We all passthrough these situations and it is part of the sport we indulge in.

@Patrick van der Loo, @Bjoern, @Gary F & @Gurcharan Mehta you guys were excellent and did a great job in keeping up with the pace of entire drive, in both fast parts as well as the slow parts.

See you all in the next instalment of Looper's loops.

Some stats and pics:

287229219_Screenshot2023-05-21at1_33_46PM.jpg.fa089724de9d660852128e1a0cf20019.jpg

849926890_Screenshot2023-05-21at1_59_58PM.png.dce1b4e6701544d09d617d6c0e4be1f5.png

186299798_Screenshot2023-05-21at2_00_25PM.png.3bbeea7bcff9accbb045304afa45a57d.png

1639600499_Screenshot2023-05-21at2_00_58PM.png.f1c6616e4b4992420d30fbbb5ff32ee5.png

PS: I don't trust these stats. They are just indicative. e.g. we all definitely did more than 56kmph. this is just an indicative metrics just to see and should be taken with a pinch of salt. Tequila! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

@Looper what a fantastic drive! I’m really glad I didn’t miss out on this one! Thanks for the opportunity to take on CF for the first time! It was a valued experience for me even with some of my minor refusals today :) 

Like most drives I like to take as much away from these experiences to help benefit myself and others in being as safe as possible in the desert. This time around I got the opportunity and more-so experience on fixing pop-outs which is always something that should be practiced as often as possible :)

@Jessica Lambert  I’m sorry you had to be exited early still though you helped me get the experience I needed to understand the technique of fixing these pop-outs; I hope to see you in the next one! 

@DP1011 another great drive to tick off! As usual you performed amazing in the back! I hope to join you soon in support crew :) 

@Patrick van der Loo it was great seeing you again I hope to see you soon in some higher level drives :) 

@Bjoern always great to see a familiar face! You always have great control of your jeep. Hope to see you soon!

@Gurcharan Mehta & @Gary F great drive! Performed amazing 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

9 hours ago, Davie Chase said:

Thanks @Looper for splitting the convoy and allowing me to lead the second convoy today, it was a great route we picked with a lot of different terrain. The Faqa Express passed by with ease as we were shoveling a crested team member. Well @Simon D and @Pacific were actually doing the shoveling :):) i was supervising from the comfort of my leather arm chair with AC on full blast :) 

the terrain that the convoy went through today was some of the trickiest I have seen for a while and powdery soft in places making it more difficult, @Pacific @Ignacio Quindós @Stumpy Paj @Yaseen87 @Simon D @Mark B &@Tareq Al Turq each and every one of you managed it with style and Panish, a very well done to all.

@Ignacio Quindós what can I say, just wow and thank you, fantastic second lead, great distance enabling you to maneuver left or right as soon as I told you to, fit made the drive a lot smoother and safer fantastic support thank you.

@Simon D excellent as always in the CF Role your calm instructions assisted to get the few refusals and stucks we had turned around safely and quickly well done and thankyou.

@Pacific superb support in the SW position helping out Simon where needed in your usual calm and patient manner.

Well done to all and thanks you for making my Sunday one to remember.

some stats for those that enjoy knowing where we went 

image.png.c0c2ffd9d65f361a9c058f95876252d4.png

image.png.f132c3ff0e157205464b2a29633236f4.png

image.png.a3f3b08d0935714d86d3a9cb1fc999d5.png

Yes it was a bit challenge considering the terrain. But it was fun on the sand and sometimes in the sand. All were driving great. 

20230521_060347.jpg

• Like (+1) 5

Thank you @Looper and @Benjamin for phrasing my disaster day so positively :D And thank you to you both and @DP1011 for your fast and efficient rescues.

@Looper kindly offered to let me try my hand one more time, but from experience I know that pop outs are a plague for me- where there's one, there's more! Plus the butterfly effect as Looper pointed out. I didn't want to keep delaying what was supposed to be Faqaa *Express*, so I'm off to have those tyres refitted and that valve replaced and try again another day.

Thanks to all for their patience!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Looper @Pacific @Ignacio Quindós @Stumpy Paj @Yaseen87 @Simon D @Mark B @Tareq Al Turq @Mahmoud Taha @Benjamin @Jessica Lambert  @DP1011 @Patrick van der Loo @Bjoern @Gurcharan Mehta  @Gary F & @Mahmoud Taha

Just for Info and last little comparison for you guys are the two different routes for Myself and Looper took, color coded appropriately :). 

image.png.9c9f861e5e5e571148be0016883ee797.pngYellow Line = Faqa Express Looper Convoy 1 

Red Line Faqa = high speed freight line Davie Convoy 2

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use