•  

Twilight Fewbie Desert Drive - Bermuda Triangle - Dubai - 27 May 2023

Frederic

35 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Hi Fred, can I join this on a last minute basis? Seems that 1 out of 10 slots is available? Let me know. If not possible, it's not a problem. Thank you!

Hi @Patricksure ! See you at 6!

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Simon D@Michael Chattle@James Lovell@Marketa Dobesova@DP1011@Hugo@Bjoern@Rob H@Tareq Al Turq@Beide Worku@Amr Aydin@Fabien Monleau@Patrick

You guys/gals rocked last night ! The terrain was bumpy and our attempt to drive in a straight line seemed easy at the start (pylon track :) ) but once it got dark and there were no more reference points, we had to rely on the GPS. 
In one particular area, and just like the countless stories of planes and ships losing their compass bearings, we encountered the exact same and I found myself looping around in a technical area while my gps was going completely bonkers !

After a short break on a sabkha, we headed back in and drive almost straight back to the starting point and exited at the same place from where we started 4hrs earlier.

As usual, a splendid second lead in @Simon D, great support from @DP1011and @Fabien Monleau and a convoy that couldn’t be stopped. 

The so called triangle looks a bit like this:

878B8A4E-5217-4FF9-BBE6-A669F3745CB3.jpeg.90f4a9ca600106346c8190e4c8d5590e.jpeg
vs the planned route:

F6E6D149-AA4D-48EF-B535-219414616338.jpeg.c2f5584003e6501bc8d30b6895e15503.jpeg

Considering the fact we covered 52kms in some areas that were very technical shows the convoy strength ! 

See you all soon in the sand !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

When night had come, it was time to triangle closed by the love lakes. @Frederic lead us smoothly in this night. We faced some refusals, quickly self recovered. At the end of the drive, when dîner time was coming, I used my winch twice for not wasting time to recover @Tareq Al Turq

I took a lot of pleasure to drive with all of you. A big thanks to @Simon D as second lead and @DP1011as centre forward support.

Week end is over 😭I hope to drive with you next weekend 😉

Have a nice week

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you, @Frederic, for the super nice adventurous drive ! I enjoyed it a lot with this awesome convoy of great drivers 🙌.

Looking forward to the next expeditions 😎

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use