•  

Twilight Fewbie Desert Drive - Bermuda Triangle - Dubai - 27 May 2023

Frederic

DRIVE PLAN

The Bermuda Triangle, also known as the Devil's Triangle, is an urban legend focused on a loosely defined region in the western part of the North-Atlantic Ocean, where a number of aircraft and ships are said to have disappeared under mysterious circumstances. 

In this installment, we will try to create a triangle-looking track somewhere between Solar Park and Lisaili. We will create three waypoints and try to reach them consecutively before exiting out.

Expect plenty of shoveling, this drive will test your drive skills and ability to focus !

545783653_ScreenShot2023-05-21at11_33_00AM.png.5e5fcfeea46bde3fd8d2c28e9421fa85.png

GENERAL OVERVIEW

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above

When:  27 May 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:   6 PM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: Love Lake Road Entry: https://goo.gl/maps/7rnSK31o7Uha786T9

Approximate finish time:  10 PM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday  - 9AM
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close couple hours prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• Frederic changed the title to Twilight Fewbie Desert Drive - Bermuda Triangle - Dubai - 27 May 2023
17 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Good afternoon All ! Thanks for signing up !

Confirmed for the drive:

@Michael Chattle@Felix Obst@Bjoern@Fabien Monleau@Rob H@James Lovell@Sebb@Hugo@Amr Aydin

@DP1011@Simon D

Waitlisted Members:

I wanted to share the planned area for coming weekend. Below you can see the Bermuda triangle we are planning to concquer. 

The Idea will be to drive along the pylon track and make our way to Marker 1 (top of the triangle). Then move in a straight as possible line to Marker 2, and then further on to Marker 3, and from there back to Marker 1.

As you all know we don't usually drive in a straight line in the desert, so the challenging part will be to try to stick to that line as much as possible, even if that included going over slip faces and other obstacles :) 

This also means instead of the smooth flowing drives that i am usually well known for, this could be quite an intense drive with lots of struggles 😁

Anyways i am sure we will have fun in the sand as always and can afterwards print out a screenshot of our track and it will look 99% like below. Although that would be a real bonus :)

image.png.46c5f526665be2dd71ab00f61304593f.png

If you have not driven in the dark yet, no worries. If you have additional night lights on your 4x4 that will help but it's not mandatory as you will be following the convoy anyways.

See you soon !

😂😂😂 I love the idea!!!

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

Good afternoon All ! Thanks for signing up !

Confirmed for the drive:

@Michael Chattle@Felix Obst@Bjoern@Fabien Monleau@Rob H@James Lovell@Sebb@Hugo@Amr Aydin

@DP1011@Simon D

Waitlisted Members:

I wanted to share the planned area for coming weekend. Below you can see the Bermuda triangle we are planning to concquer. 

The Idea will be to drive along the pylon track and make our way to Marker 1 (top of the triangle). Then move in a straight as possible line to Marker 2, and then further on to Marker 3, and from there back to Marker 1.

As you all know we don't usually drive in a straight line in the desert, so the challenging part will be to try to stick to that line as much as possible, even if that included going over slip faces and other obstacles :) 

This also means instead of the smooth flowing drives that i am usually well known for, this could be quite an intense drive with lots of struggles 😁

Anyways i am sure we will have fun in the sand as always and can afterwards print out a screenshot of our track and it will look 99% like below. Although that would be a real bonus :)

image.png.46c5f526665be2dd71ab00f61304593f.png

If you have not driven in the dark yet, no worries. If you have additional night lights on your 4x4 that will help but it's not mandatory as you will be following the convoy anyways.

See you soon !

Fredy i like this idea of bermuda triangle . we are the offroaders are dreamers , wanderes and explorers .. even in the darkest mysterious spots like Bermuda Triangle . wish to join you but truly i have another triangle in same time to attend with family . my son high school graduation ceremony.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

10 hours ago, DP1011 said:

@Frederic After bermuda Triangle, Can the next project be : A trip to Galesnjak Island in Desert without passports ? :D 

I don't see a lot of desert here buddy:

image.png.2dccfb9639f09d17454d3ca0e85ebac1.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

@DP1011 perhaps here next time ?

https://goo.gl/maps/fg5txpMVuf3Mzppe7

• Like (+1) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

I don't see a lot of desert here buddy: