•  

Twilight Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 26 May 2023

Chaitanya D

8 minutes ago, Thomas Collins Jayakumar said:

Hi Goodafternoon

when is that morning drive comming I have paid for the month and waiting …soon that fee will finish without any drive 

Anyways it’s not nice to finish with your master class and then wait for a drive 

goodluck

Hi @Thomas Collins Jayakumarthe move towards twilight drives and night drives is mainly due to the season. Usually our morning drives are from 6AM-7AM up to around 10-11AM, but as you can see by that time we are hitting close to 40°C before exiting the drive (and hoping there are no delays due to stucks or breakdowns). In these temperatures it is not advisable to expose your 4x4 to offroading and we will usually see more cars starting to overheat, apart from the fact that our trip leads and supporting members will struggle more with the recoveries and shoveling :) 

You will still see morning drives, but generally less than in the colder season. 

Throughout May till September it will be mostly late afternoon, twilight, or night drives, with the occasional morning drive that would start really early.

Anyways, welcome to the club and see you soon in one of the drives !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

53 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Hello @Theo09 no special lights needed. Regular lights on high beam with fog lamps should be okay when driving with a convoy. As a courtesy to fellow drivers just ensure your lights aren't glaring them

@Arun Menon can you elaborate more on the off roading experience - weather it was with another club of just camping / barbeque rides?

If you have a newly acquired ride/car for off roading - I strongly suggest you to join a regular Newbie drive during day time to get acquainted with it ( unless you have driven already). Once you finish your mandatory newbie drive for joining this club, you can do the self declaration to get to next level for review 

Thank you @DP1011 for your advises ❤️

Hi @Chaitanya D
The off-roading experiences I've had, have been club drives with Marshals providing convoyed sweeps and lead. Embarrassed to say I've yet to actually go camping or barbeque rides :)

I've done 5 rides with the new vehicle and have a comfortable feel of the rig. But looking to get more experience in general.

Will look forward to daytime rides

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Thomas Collins Jayakumarthe move towards twilight drives and night drives is mainly due to the season. Usually our morning drives are from 6AM-7AM up to around 10-11AM, but as you can see by that time we are hitting close to 40°C before exiting the drive (and hoping there are no delays due to stucks or breakdowns). In these temperatures it is not advisable to expose your 4x4 to offroading and we will usually see more cars starting to overheat, apart from the fact that our trip leads and supporting members will struggle more with the recoveries and shoveling :) 

You will still see morning drives, but generally less than in the colder season. 

Throughout May till September it will be mostly late afternoon, twilight, or night drives, with the occasional morning drive that would start really early.

Anyways, welcome to the club and see you soon in one of the drives !

Just now, Thomas Collins Jayakumar said:

Thanks for the reply looks like I have to wait till september

26 minutes ago, Thomas Collins Jayakumar said:

Hi Goodafternoon

when is that morning drive comming I have paid for the month and waiting …soon that fee will finish without any drive 

Anyways it’s not nice to finish with your master class and then wait for a drive 

goodluck

dear @Thomas Collins Jayakumar I believe you have done a masterclass and hence you can join this drive .

Note the mandatory required gears for this drive being - shovel, deflator, compressor, radio and a flag.

Please do understand we are trying to sort these internally as well but since we have leads from different work schedules their reply or coms can take some time. Again to reiterate - especially at a newbie level all these clarifications are done for the sole intention being - to make the experience safe to all including you.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

31 minutes ago, Arun Menon said:

Hi @Chaitanya D
The off-roading experiences I've had, have been club drives with Marshals providing convoyed sweeps and lead. Embarrassed to say I've yet to actually go camping or barbeque rides :)

I've done 5 rides with the new vehicle and have a comfortable feel of the rig. But looking to get more experience in general.

Will look forward to daytime rides

Thank you for your reply

See you on Friday evening

Go through the drive thread properly and note the mandatory gears required to join this drive being - shovel, off road flag &pole, compressor, deflator and a Radio ( programming details mentioned in the thread)

• Like (+1) 1

Dear friends

Look forwards to see you all tomorrow, for those who are joining first time please go through the briefing video below

Mandatory gears required for this drive are

1. Shovel

2. Radio - Programmed and charged

3. Off road flag and pole

4. Compressor

5. Deflator

No Gears = No Drive

Front and Rear tow hooks should be present

More information in below link

Convoy list will follow soon

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Friends

Note the following

• Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and a Full fuel tank as much as possible.
  • Deflate your tires to 12 psi for all terrain tires and 15 psi if regular tires
  • Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006).
  • Briefing will be done  before we start moving
  • Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and there are no moving objects 
  • Please check all car fluids, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.
  • please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all mandatory gear for this drive level specially your

1. tire deflator,

2. pressure gauge

3. compressor,

4. safety flag and

5. radio. (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

Meeting point is as below at 6 pm 

https://goo.gl/maps/UPzSd1VJvSnYYraXA

Right off Dubai-Al Ain Road and near Murquab Mosque

Listing as below

image.png.5b98dd4ab5d2d902bc90e9e3ae07855d.png

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Doc @Chaitanya D Apologies, I need to drop. 

Just dropped car for normal service and they need to replace hyrdaulic engine mount, covered under warranty and the part was ordered in Jan😅, as I get my car back on Satday Noon. Will certainly miss this twilight fun...

• Sad (0) 1

Important Information

Terms of use