•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan Adventures - Abu Dhabi - 27 May 2023

GauravSoni

Hi @GauravSoni Just dropped car for normal service and they need to replace hyrdaulic engine mount, covered under warranty and the part was ordered in Jan😅, Will miss this much awaited Sweihan IM drive😐, as I get my car back on Satday Noon.

• Sad (0) 1

11 minutes ago, Zed said:

It's @Looper's fault, after he accepted my WL request i got kicked out from this drive as screenshot below 😂

EEA192-D4-0-F52-4-E44-B452-AC97-E8007-D5

The system does acceptance if there are available slots after Wednesday deadline is finished. You can just waitlist on this drive once again. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Dear Dune surfers!

Please find the Convoy List for Tomorrows Drive. 

@Looper @Krishna R @Imran Kashif @Benjamin @Chris Wing @Gerrit Bus @Mohamad Anwer @Beide Worku @Santoso Marjuki @Mario Cornejo

Conv no Driver Car
1 GauravSoni Pajero LWB
2 Looper Jeep SWB
3 Krishna R Xterra
4 Imran Kashif FJ
5 Benjamin Jeep LWB
6 Chris Wing FJ
7 Gerrit Bus Gladiator
8 Mohamad Anwer SSafari SWB
9 Beide Worku F150
10 Santoso Marjuki Jeep LWB
11 Mario Cornejo SSafari SWB

we will be using channel 2 :446031

@Zed have you changed your plans.?

Please be ready to move by 5 am as we plan to have maximum drive time to enjoy comparatively cooler weather and keep our cars happy!

see you tomorrow!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Well Done (+2) 1

33 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

Nope, i was interrupted with meetings and forgot to click WaitList again for this drive. Will already be in Sweihan tonight for Sri's drive then sleep then hopefully alarm can wake me up 😂 Keep the convoy list, i'll just sneak up when i'm awake and arrive 👌🏻

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Hi @GauravSoni  the night drive finished at 3am, so after 5 hrs driving + 50 litres of petrol, both the car and driver felt 2 hrs of sleep won't be enough 😅 . Until next time bro, will take a rain check for today and i've removed myself from the list 🫡

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 5/26/2023 at 2:11 PM, GauravSoni said:

Dear Dune surfers!

Please find the Convoy List for Tomorrows Drive. 

@Looper @Krishna R @Imran Kashif @Benjamin @Chris Wing @Gerrit Bus @Mohamad Anwer @Beide Worku @Santoso Marjuki @Mario Cornejo

Conv no Driver Car
1 GauravSoni Pajero LWB
2 Looper Jeep SWB
3 Krishna R Xterra
4 Imran Kashif FJ
5 Benjamin Jeep LWB
6 Chris Wing FJ
7 Gerrit Bus Gladiator
8 Mohamad Anwer SSafari SWB
9 Beide Worku F150
10 Santoso Marjuki Jeep LWB
11 Mario Cornejo SSafari SWB

we will be using channel 2 :446031

Please be ready to move by 5 am as we plan to have maximum drive time to enjoy comparatively cooler weather and keep our cars happy!

see you tomorrow!

Thank you @GauravSoni for the wonderful drive yesterday.  It was a fun fast drive full of thrill and action until the unfortunate rollover incident of Gerrit's  Gladiator. Thank God Gerrit was not hurt and the car eventually was drivable after straightening it. 

@Gerrit BusI hope you managed to drive home safely with the car, and I Hope it will be repaired quickly as it all seemed cosmetic.

Thank you @Benjaminfor a great 2nd lead and for staring and helping recover the Gladiator  @Chris Wing great CF and @Mario Cornejo nice sweep with your amazing SWB Super Safari, it was great to watch you speed down a dunes with a few amazing jumps, and I am sorry to hear about your puncture towards the exit area. 

To the rest of thr team @Krishna R @Santoso Marjuki amazing smooth driving bros💯👏

Hope to see you all again soon.

Regards,

Mohamad 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Drive report:

Thanks  @Krishna R  @Benjamin @Chris Wing @Gerrit Bus @Mohamad Anwer  @Santoso Marjuki  @Mario Cornejo for joining the drive..

The day started with hiccups with @Looper dropping out early morning due to a leak in Cooling system coupled with a "Block" due to road construction forcing to find an alternate path to the start point which took almost 40 mins for us to assemble. 

Th drive started with good pace which everyone responded beautifully, going through the amazing dunes - side slopes, ridges just next to the starting point, we circled back to them as we had another overzealous / extreme set of cars driving parallel to our convoy allowing ourselves some clear space. 

At this point, my passenger developed motion sickness forcing me to stop couple of times. lesson learnt.. no matter how much they say that their stomach is strong, no more passengers on an IM drive.. period.

with a few minor refusals, we made our way to the second section, when it happened.

On a S curve maneuver, which ends on a ridge ride and criss cross, i saw the Gladiator of @Gerrit Bus have a rollover through the corner of my eye.

We rushed to check on him and with gods grace, he came out of the car unharmed.  The team stood up to the challenge and recovered the car with amazing teamwork and coordination. we were able to switch on the car and it basically drove itself out.

At this point we decided to exit and on reaching the tarmac, we removed the broken windshield and made it drivable on the road after completing all legal formalities with the police. We had the last hiccup with Mario blowing up his rear tire on a small metal rod just as he moved after inflation. (ouch)

Thanks @Mohamad Anwer @Krishna R @Benjamin @Chris Wing @Mario Cornejo @Santoso Marjuki for the brilliant support during the recovery.

This is one of the worst fears of any driver and you came out of it like a true gladiator @Gerrit Bus.  We all learnt something on the day.  please update us on the status of the car. i hope to see you soon back in the desert with you amazing car surfing dunes again. 

Its also a reminder for all of us of the ever present risk and i thank @Carnity for putting an amazing off-road structure which bring in lots of checks and balances to ensure that the driver is mentally strong and skillful with capable cars to drive in these terrains.

See you all soon on sands!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use