•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Al Saad to Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 3 Jun 2023

GauravSoni

Just now, GauravSoni said:

Also I am seeing that your last drive was in February this year which is quite a gap to resume with an IM especially with a change in vehicle..

Being an IM, you would surely understand the sync required on these high level drives between the man and the machine.. 

Unless you have been off-roading regularly in last couple of months, I would strongly advise you to join a lower level drive to get back in groove. 

Noted @GauravSoni. You can remove my RSVP to give chance for the next waitlist member.

• Well Done (+2) 2

29 minutes ago, Naveen Raj said:

Noted @GauravSoni. You can remove my RSVP to give chance for the next waitlist member.

I appreciate your maturity to understand the intent… thanks @Naveen Raj.. you can remove your rsvp yourself from the calendar “going “ tab…

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

Dear Dune Surfers!

@Gertjan @Jaro Tuzinsky @Waqas Parvez @Mario Cornejo @DP1011 @ASAD. @Benjamin @Chris Wing @Naveen Raj @Krishna R..

Thankyou all for joining and giving an overwhelming response.. slots filled in less than 20 seconds!.. 

we do have @Vaibhav waitlisted for his first drive for the week along with @Bjoern and @Mohamad Anwer who are looking to extend their fun on the weekend. 

I request all to update your rsvp in case their are any chances of a dropout from the drive.

Please ensure your machines are in good condition. 

i will update the drive plan and unveil a surprise element shortly :). stay tuned!

I am so sorry bro, family health issues,  must remain behind this weekend, although I was really excited to re do the fun drive we had but without any unfortunate accidents 😔 😟 🙁 

Enjoy 😉 with the great team 💙 😎 

• Like (+1) 3

A big thanks to @GauravSoni. @Looper and fellow sand surfers! I had a great time playing in the sand pit!

@Mario Cornejo 's big smile captures the sprit of the trip!

Will load some more pictures when the gallery opens.

image.jpeg.b83bb894d25dc5ea449e9e4a0f12c8b5.jpeg

See you all again on the sand soon.

Edited by Gertjan
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Gertjan said:

A big thanks to @GauravSoni. @Looper and fellow sand surfers! I had a great time playing in the sand pit!

Will load some more pictures when the gallery opens.

image.jpeg.b83bb894d25dc5ea449e9e4a0f12c8b5.jpeg

See you all again on the sand soon.

Amazing shot @Gertjan!!! Waiting for more !!! (Gallery is open!)

• Like (+1) 4

Hi everyone, wow! what a morning!  a solid convoy and an interesting area that tested our skills, from dealing with technical areas, soft sand, climbs, switches and more.

A big shout out to @GauravSoni for hosting the drive, it is always a pleasure to attend the drives you organize.  Everyone drove amazingly well:  @Gertjan, @Jaro Tuzinsky, @Waqas Parvez, @DP1011, @ASAD., @Benjamin, @Chris Wing and @Zed

Unfortunately @Vaibhav had to leave early, I am sure I echo everyone in hoping you get the issues resolved with your Jeep. If the issues persist, then remember there must be a VTC with your name somewhere in the UAE 😎💪!

Wish you all a great rest of the week!

5 hours ago, Gertjan said:

@Gertjan thank you very much for the pictures and documenting the drive! Superstar!  😁

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

It was great to see @GauravSoniafter ages . Thanks for understanding and helping me exit. 

I am sure I missed a great drive. I could feel the 1 hour 20 mins I drove it would be going to an amazing drive. The convoy was strong and responded well. @Zedif you would have not come with a trick you suggested I would be struggling to get the car back to Dubai. Thanks a lot man. Looking at the picture @Gertjanhas posted I know I have missed a lot of action. Great clicks. 

I think I took the right decision of exiting the drive to avoid any further delays and mess up the drive for others which would have happen. There is always a next time. 

I managed to drive normally back straight to the dealership and they were not too helpful and informed me if the error comes back get the car back. Just as I reached home the Transmission service indication showed up again with the Engine oil check light. I had to arrange a tow vehicle. Latest update throttle control there could be some sand and possibility of entering transmission. The sad part here is the service advisors at the dealership are not very knowledgeable which makes it worse.  The first thing i was informed because I went offroad this error could have come without even looking at the car. Though under warranty and service package they are unable to confirm if it would be covered and reason is sand entering. It sounds really funny but this is the truth. I was given example also by the service advisor if the car goes in water the warranty will not be covered. Where I informed the advisor that I understand it is a car and not a boat. 

@Mario Cornejo VTC SWB 😍. Inshallah may be next one . 

Until my car is back and I join you guys ,Have fun and drive safe. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

@GauravSoni This was what I have been long desiring for, Long range , IM in AD/ Al ain, kept missing last few but finally today was the day! Thoroughly enjoyed cruising around and as @Mario Cornejo mentioned such strong convoy made it possible that we made the most of time!  Those ridges/bowls/criss crossing / technical, it had everything to offer us💥💥! @Looper Was good to see you as SL , true to your name , you had your first loop on highway itself😅 and someone who fills his fuel tank 4 times in a day😂😂

Always good to see you all guys! @Vaibhav@Mario Cornejo  @Gertjan, @Jaro Tuzinsky, @Waqas Parvez,@ASAD., @Benjamin, @Chris Wing and @Zed

Edited by DP1011
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use