•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Al Saad to Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 3 Jun 2023

GauravSoni

brilliant drive @GauravSoni, been some time driving with you and was amazing to be back. The area had everything in it for everyone, long range dunes, sharp ridges and technicals. @Looper & @Mario Cornejothanks for the SL and for the sweep respectively. 

Was a pleasure driving with and meeting the usual gang. Hope to see you all soon again. 

@Vaibhav my friend, we missed you in the later half, hopefully the car gets sorted soon. Also remember for every Jeep that breaks down there is always a toyota around to help out ☺️😂.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

I was definitely having some issues with concentration in the first half hour with a couple of refusals and some bumps, it goes without saying that one needs to be more than 100% while driving in the desert and the smallest of lack of concentration can cause havoc. Luckily I overcame the initial issues and started to enjoy the drive as it was planned.

A great team goes a long way to making a drive the fullest and most fun. Thank you everyone who joined the drive and @GauravSoni for planning and executing this exciting drive. 

@Mario Cornejo for being at the end - your usual spot and showing after everyone is done with theirs how it is exactly done. Love to see you drive every time.

@DP1011 you bring cheer to every drive and I salute your endurance for 4 drives a week. While I too do it but I am not that consistent.

@Vaibhav hope the issues with the Jeep are sorted out soon and see you back in action very soon.

@Gertjan love to see you once again and thanks to you, my jeep gets a decent photograph in the gallery.

@Jaro Tuzinsky good to see you once again and looking forward to your drive videos soon. 

@Chris Wing finishing off the trifecta of  FJs in the drive always a pleasure to drive with you. 

@Zed Carnity drives in Abu Dhabi are synonymous with driving with Zed. great to seeing you once again.

@Waqas Parvez I know it is a high adrenaline drive when I see you in the convoy. I try to make sure that I drive in that drive.

@ASAD. great to see you once again after Al Salamat. Always a pleasure to see you.

@Benjamin love to see you and your jeep. Hope it was a great fun learning experience for you. 

I have added some pics in the gallery the drive from my point of view.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Hej guys, it a fantastic drive. For me for the first time a proper intermediate dune bashing. Thank you @GauravSoni for taking care of us and perfect routing.

@Looper it was so easy to drive behind you, you was showing me the tracks to be followed.

@Chris Wing@ASAD. @Waqas Parvez always i am your active listener of your toyota and off-road rides experiences. @Vaibhav so nice to see you after long time, hopefully your car will be fixed soon. @Benjamin I remember you when we started in newbies and see now:) i believe you will be leading convoys in future:)

@DP1011 @Zed @Mario Cornejo your skills are amazing and it was so nice to observe your art of dune climbings..

@Gertjan it is nice to see you any Saturday morning and to have you in our convoy is a guarantee of high quality of pictures and many i am downloading for my archive:)

i am full of energy for tomorrow evening to click it in the time:)

Thank you to be a part of your company this Saturday and see you next one.

IMG_7594.jpeg

• Like (+1) 6
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

5 hours ago, Jaro Tuzinsky said:

@Looper it was so easy to drive behind you, you was showing me the tracks to be followed.

Or not to be followed for the first half hour. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Thankyou all for joining me in my exploration of the amazing dunes of AD. 

@Gertjan @Jaro Tuzinsky @Waqas Parvez @Mario Cornejo @DP1011 @ASAD. @Benjamin @Chris Wing @Zed @Looper@Vaibhav

We had some amazing time driving through some of the most beautiful area comprising of technical, Ridges, Soft patches, Long climbs , side slopes and everyone responded so well to the challenge. 

It was a great team effort to get @Vaibhav jeep restored with some magic trick by @Zed!!!  i had my fair share of stucks requiring a tug and then a winch by @Looper while everyone drove exceptionally ( almost flawlessly).

Thanks @DP1011 @Mario Cornejo and @Looper for brilliant support. 

it was a pleasure to see and hear the engines roar @Waqas Parvez @ASAD. @Mario Cornejo.  i hope you all had fun as It was fun leading a super strong convoy!

until next time! see you all in sand!!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Zedthanks a lot. This information definitely helps me and others. The was sand in Throttle control and valve body. The Valve body needs to be replaced under warranty but the dealer does not have it in stock and will take 25 days to procure it from US. They have done the transmission fluid flush.  

On 6/4/2023 at 8:50 AM, ASAD. said:

brilliant drive @GauravSoni, been some time driving with you and was amazing to be back. The area had everything in it for everyone, long range dunes, sharp ridges and technicals. @Looper & @Mario Cornejothanks for the SL and for the sweep respectively. 

Was a pleasure driving with and meeting the usual gang. Hope to see you all soon again. 

@Vaibhav my friend, we missed you in the later half, hopefully the car gets sorted soon. Also remember for every Jeep that breaks down there is always a toyota around to help out ☺️😂.

Well every car has its day. We know what happened in Umm zamool drive of Sri. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use