•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - 24.8 Murquab to Qudra - Technical Terrain Transit Part 3 - Dubai - 10 June 2023

GauravSoni

Dear Dune surfers!

@Bravoecho @Stumpy Paj @Anoop Nair @Joseph Raju @Gary F @Benjamin @Ahmad Nerat

welcome to the drive! you are among the few who are ready to take on this technical challenge. 

Thanks @Mehmet Volga for joining up as well!!

Repeating this Please follow the https://goo.gl/maps/FReXSwN6iFgt8aa19 location to show you the route on GMAPS. 

The convoy order is as below:

image.png.fb23b782382a3a5f3c2791fc3b20dc30.png

I am expecting temperatures to pick up to 39 deg at around 8:30 am.. Thus i suggest everyone to be deflated and ready to move by 5:05 AM.

see you all tomorrow!

• Like (+1) 5

At the drive start point with @Benjamin @Bravoecho @Stumpy Paj ready to go 😂 5:05

IMG_7603.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks @GauravSoni for organising this drive, it was an enjoyable TTT. super Soft sand areas as expected. @Anoop Nair executed sl brilliantly. Thanks for @Mehmet Volga , @Benjamin and @Joseph Raju for the support and keeping the convoy in order.

All drivers did amazing in today drive, the maturity of the drivers and the sand driving skills is an ongoing practice... Patience and safe practice would take all of the drivers for different level of skills and self-confidence.

Im very happy of being a member of this club.. it was nice meeting u @Bravoecho and @Stumpy Paj

I took some nice and interesting pic for @Gary F car check the drive gallery's. 😉

till next drive, stay safe and tuned for next challenge🤗🤗

Ahmad

• Like (+1) 5
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Ahmad Nerat said:

Thanks @GauravSoni for organising this drive, it was an enjoyable TTT. super Soft sand areas as expected. @Anoop Nair executed sl brilliantly. Thanks for @Mehmet Volga , @Benjamin and @Joseph Raju for the support and keeping the convoy in order.

All drivers did amazing in today drive, the maturity of the drivers and the sand driving skills is an ongoing practice... Patience and safe practice would take all of the drivers for different level of skills and self-confidence.

Im very happy of being a member of this club.. it was nice meeting u @Bravoecho and @Stumpy Paj

I took some nice and interesting pic for @Gary F car check the drive gallery's. 😉

till next drive, stay safe and tuned for next challenge🤗🤗

Ahmad

Great to meet you too @Ahmad Neratand look forward to seeing you on future drives.

Thank you to @GauravSonifor executing a very unique and enjoyable drive.

If it wasn’t for the “commentators curse” at the end it may have been a uneventful morning however it’s those last moments which is what makes these drives so enjoyable as everyone bands together to help each other out.

And as you can see from the map below we were true as could be in holding 24.8 degrees.

Next trip is 24.8 degrees squared 🤣

IMG_9297.jpeg

Edited by Bravoecho
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Really nice drive , I enjoyed the technical terrain a lot @GauravSoni and only ran into one turn that I had to do the old, stop and reverse to make the tight turn, of course my rear bumper took a few more hits, a metal one is in my future.

great to catch up everyone . See you at ARB @Stumpy Paj @Benjamin

@Joseph Raju any update on the patient , electrical or mechanical issues ?

@Ahmad Nerat great photos and ideas on positioning the cars for a photo shoot , while the rest of the convoy was in recovery mode. that was a fun area.

Edited by Gary F
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

On 6/11/2023 at 8:48 AM, Gary F said:

Really nice drive , I enjoyed the technical terrain a lot @GauravSoni and only ran into one turn that I had to do the old, stop and reverse to make the tight turn, of course my rear bumper took a few more hits, a metal one is in my future.

great to catch up everyone . See you at ARB @Stumpy Paj @Benjamin

@Joseph Raju any update on the patient , electrical or mechanical issues ?

@Ahmad Nerat great photos and ideas on positioning the cars for a photo shoot , while the rest of the convoy was in recovery mode. that was a fun area.

@Gary F well the trip to ARB wasn’t that successful, they admitted the hoses are defective and there is a new style but apparently the hose isn’t covered by warranty 🤬 said they can send it to arb in AD for repair 😂. A slight disagreement occurred with the manager and they eventually replaced it but only with another of the same. If I wanted to upgrade to the new style for a discounted price of 420dhs I was welcome. Needless to say I can get proper rated air hose for a lot less than that and swap the fittings over. 

Might save you a trip, just cut the hose and reattach the fitting. 👍

Important Information

Terms of use