•  
Advertise here

FORD EDGE 2011 NAVIGATION question

meero80

Good DAy

All the ford edge 2011 in the US and CAnada are fitted with MFT and have navigation active only in the UAE its navigation is not active??

This is important for me does any one have any suggestions??? i have a ford edge limited 2011 ingot silver

thanks

Amir

What i got to know it has a Navigation installed but it runs on the microsoft satellite which is not active in the middle east yet so basically all cars that have navigation are running on the GARMIN satellite here in the UAE. I have the garmin already since 5 years, THanks

Now we need to complaint to Ford and then fwd complaint to microsoft satelite to turn its face to UAE too, sometimes. :-)

Jokes apart, thats sick of Al tayer to not to replace the dead GPS with something more useful. Dealers are very cost conscious in these things. Sick!

• 3 months later...

Yes, I think ford edge has GPS capability. I got my Ford edge sport last week, no navigation because there is no SD card included. but in MFT if you go to SETTINGS - HELP - WHERE AM I, it shows your latitude, longitude & altitude. that means it must have GPS system. only thing we need is the maps and voice guidance.

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I AM WRONG :-)

• 3 weeks later...