•  
Advertise here

LIFTGATE SPONTANEOUS LONG VERTICAL CRACK NEAR FORD EMBLEM

DOES ANYBODY WHO OWNED 2005 FORD EXPLORER OR OTHER YEAR MODEL IN UAE, HAD THIS SPONTANEOUS LONG CRACK EXTENDED ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE REAR HATCH PANEL OF LIFTGATE, LOCATED JUST ABOVE AND BESIDE THE FORD EMBLEM? IF YOU DO, WHAT REPAIR HAVE YOU DONE & HOW MUCH IT COST? WHAT IS FORD COMPANY HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THIS PROBLEM? FOR SURE ITS OUT OF THE WARRANTY ISSUE BUT CLEARLY A MANUFACTURER DEFECT AS PER INTERNET COMPLAINTS. I HAVE DONE AN INTERNET SEARCH AND FOUND THIS PROBLEM IS A VERY REGULAR PROBLEM FOR MOST VEHICLES BETWEEN 2000-2005 REPORTED IN THE UNITED STATES. HERE IN THE UAE, I FOUND ONE RUNNING ON THE ROAD WITH EXACT SAME CRACKED AS MINE & THIS CONVINCED ME MAYBE SOME MORE AROUND WITH THE SAME PROBLEM. PLEASE ADVISE.

Thats an interesting situation. Have you spoke to Ford dealer Al Tayer???

Go and say, its a manufacturer defect and it should be recalled and change the whole lift gate, as no other solution can repair such a long crack other than replacing it. Just see what they say.

Make sure you sound that its their problem and they have to fix it. If you ask them, then they will simply say NO.....! Good luck.

• 4 months later...