Jump to content

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Fayah - Abu Dhabi - 01 June 2024


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

@DP1011Apologize for the late withdrawal, My Vehicle is in the workshop, and I was informed that it will not be available to me in the weekend. I will have to drop from this drive

Edited by Vijay Cowlagi
  • Sad (0) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was thinking the same @DP1011 i run on coffee so engine running high as for the car giving it a try hopefully all goes well. Just serviced everything yesterday, taking advantage don’t think i have much drives in me for this heat. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hani crest king said:

I was thinking the same @DP1011 i run on coffee so engine running high as for the car giving it a try hopefully all goes well. Just serviced everything yesterday, taking advantage don’t think i have much drives in me for this heat. 

You'll have to bring some of this high octane coffee some time. Power up the rest of the convoy 😜🤣

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gentlemen ! The convoy as below : We will use 446.031. See you with first ray of sun ! 

@Luke K P @Aser @ChrisW @nithish468 @Talal H @Andrew John Melvill @Sandeep Nayar  @Hani crest king @Alexanderrr @Ishak

image.png.341473deaa092e3402369aaaa27a43f2.png

  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

What a lovely drive! Thanks @DP1011 for guiding us in and out safely! 

We started on time after our briefing and basically just headed due east. A couple of early refusals to @Luke K P @nithish468 @Hani crest king and we started getting some good momentum towards the fox burrows and animal graveyard.

 

We stopped off for a break of chai and croissants here before lowering tyre pressure and heading into the technicals. 

A text book cresting from our fearless leader allowed for some good V-channel digging practice and explanations on how to recover easily from this position. 

Next we had a double whammy of a bumper squish for @Talal H and pop-out for @Hani crest king

After some reinflation and @Aser ducktapping the bumper back we made our way to the exit.  

 

Excellent driving from everyone, it was all pretty smooth and look forward to driving with you again soon.

 

Enjoy your weekend.

Edited by Luke K P
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Hani crest king recommend going to tyre shop having them take the sand out of your tyres. Will def need the front passenger side rebalanced.

Esp if U had pop-out before and you getting vibrations on the highway, prob sand from micro soft pops in all wheels. 👍

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was really good fun - some nice technical practice, a few good ridges, and some (mis)adventures to learn from. Thank you @DP1011 for leading, and @Alexanderrr for giving me some good tracks to follow! Great support from @Luke K P and @Hani crest king too - thank you. I was very impressed with the on-the-drive coaching you all gave. 
 

I think the main takeaways for me were a reminder in the fundamentals of momentum driving on technical dunes (especially given the soft sand), and consistently applying the basics on ridge crossings (particularly being stable on the ridge before manoeuvring onward). 
 

It was also such a good drive that the AD police sent me a nice picture to remember it by… 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_9344.jpeg

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dear Fayah'ions

@Luke K P @Aser @ChrisW @nithish468 @Talal H @Andrew John Melvill @Sandeep Nayar  @Hani crest king @Alexanderrr  ! 

Since I already see a well written summary from @Luke K P - All I would say is, was a very very well done convoy , which made me scale up and aim for the Technical patch right after our break, which again was very well managed by all of you ! 

Thanks @Luke K P for being the CF, that Chai during the break and handling those couple of refusals and @Alexanderrr for being am amazing SL, was good to see you again back in sand ! Thanks @Hani crest king for sweeping the convoy - and by the time you read this, perhaps you would have done one more convoy sweeping in Dubai ;) ! and YES - YOU TOTALLY JUSTIFIED YOUR NAME IN FIRST 15 minutes of the drive :D - Infact you were soo infectious you passed it on to other truck in convoy immediately :D

see you all in Sand soon ! 

 

Dear @Ishak - I appreciate and respect your decision of informing me for not being able to make it in time, and also not putting me in fix to hold the convoy as everyone else was ready to move - We certainly missed you but am sure this was not the last drive - will see you sooon again buddy ! 

Below the drive stats and track we took.  The detour is where we headed towards the technical area :)image.png.e249c0f2d3a888aefef6257f9294b58d.png

4 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

That was really good fun - some nice technical practice, a few good ridges, and some (mis)adventures to learn from. Thank you @DP1011 for leading, and @Alexanderrr for giving me some good tracks to follow! Great support from @Luke K P and @Hani crest king too - thank you. I was very impressed with the on-the-drive coaching you all gave. 
 

I think the main takeaways for me were a reminder in the fundamentals of momentum driving on technical dunes (especially given the soft sand), and consistently applying the basics on ridge crossings (particularly being stable on the ridge before manoeuvring onward). 
 

It was also such a good drive that the AD police sent me a nice picture to remember it by… 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_9344.jpeg

That's a super fancy techie savvy picture ! Dint know they send with all such details ! My recent eyesight prescription too doesn't have details to this level :D

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DP1011 said:

Dear @Ishak - I appreciate and respect your decision of informing me for not being able to make it in time, and also not putting me in fix to hold the convoy as everyone else was ready to move - We certainly missed you but am sure this was not the last drive - will see you sooon again buddy ! 

Without realizing it, from Motor City I took the road towards Qudra instead of Emirates Road 😅 and I should have just continued.

Yes @DP1011 see you on the next drive

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use