Jump to content

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Nahil - Series 40 : 3 Hours - Abu Dhabi - 8 Jun 2024


Recommended Posts

@Luke K P @Aser @Shaun J @Nizar Shawwa @Julien Recan @Frans M @Alexanderrr @Andrew John Melvill @Faraz94 @Zulfikhar Naiyar   @Gautam Banka @Brett Eicher @azad @Cristian

 

Gents ! Thanks to @Looper, NO WL is left behind.  Convoy order for tomorrow's drive as below : Radio channel 2: 446.031

Meeting time 5.30, start time 5.40.  Please plan accordingly to start early so we exit on time, making the most of those wonderful dunes Nahil offers ! 

Please make sure all your off-road gears in place and radios fully charged. 

See you all tomorrow ! 

 image.png.9f7525a5037e39ba7a0dd7aa4ff34ba3.png

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A couple of pointers regarding the meeting point: 

First: You can fill up at Nahel Fuel Station. It is about 100 m ahead of the road that leads to the meeting point; so, you may need to manage to reach to the road.

image.png.484e8e55908cc54565bc85a1e711eed5.png

Next; the entrance to the meeting point potentially can be swamped. Avoid the red circled area. You may take the left bank near to the bushes and come in & do not take any other track. There is an automated gate to the entrance.

image.png.0ef785f89b6aa3a76abcfc5754c31d2d.png

There could be little more water a bit ahead as well but that will not be an issue.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Looper said:

A couple of pointers regarding the meeting point: 

First: You can fill up at Nahel Fuel Station. It is about 100 m ahead of the road that leads to the meeting point; so, you may need to manage to reach to the road.

image.png.484e8e55908cc54565bc85a1e711eed5.png

Next; the entrance to the meeting point potentially can be swamped. Avoid the red circled area. You may take the left bank near to the bushes and come in & do not take any other track. There is an automated gate to the entrance.

image.png.0ef785f89b6aa3a76abcfc5754c31d2d.png

There could be little more water a bit ahead as well but that will not be an issue.


@Looper Thank You for sharing the details. 
 

Please check below, is this correct or map is being crazy?

 

 

IMG_5893.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's being crazy @Faraz94 it's like max 10 minutes. Just take first exit on highway after adnoc and follow the lanes back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

or follow the green line i drew in the first map.. wink wink

 

7 minutes ago, Faraz94 said:


@Looper Thank You for sharing the details. 
 

Please check below, is this correct or map is being crazy?

 

 

IMG_5893.jpeg

 

5 minutes ago, Luke K P said:

It's being crazy @Faraz94 it's like max 10 minutes. Just take first exit on highway after adnoc and follow the lanes back

 

don't drive like its your last one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Faraz94 said:

@Luke K P @Looper NVM. Got the perfect one, along the way.

 

 

IMG_5894.jpeg

Don't do that. Fill up at ADNOC Service Station | Al Hayer-2 (659) (can buy coffee here) or better ENOC | 1914 | Nahil  (only fuel) and proceed to go to the meeting point as usual. which is shown in the map below in green: Not advisable to do is to go to Nahel Adonc 658 and take a slight detour on the wrong way for about 20ms in the morning - no traffic roads.

image.png.43ef1f664474358491dbf9acf22499b0.png

don't drive like its your last one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apologies, something come up last minute. Have to drop out, fortunately no WL are missing out as a result. 

 

Enjoy the drive guys and see you on the next one. 

  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Looper said:

Don't do that. Fill up at ADNOC Service Station | Al Hayer-2 (659) (can buy coffee here) or better ENOC | 1914 | Nahil  (only fuel) and proceed to go to the meeting point as usual. which is shown in the map below in green: Not advisable to do is to go to Nahel Adonc 658 and take a slight detour on the wrong way for about 20ms in the morning - no traffic roads.

image.png.43ef1f664474358491dbf9acf22499b0.png

Got it. The new drawing is much more clearer. See you tomorrow ✌️✌️

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow what a drive! 

Lots of excitement, lots of drama, but no shovels or ropes!

I think from these GPS tracks it's fair to say we enjoyed looping around the bowls alot

We left right on time this morning after @DP1011 have the briefing.. heading south on a track before heading west to get a good read on the sand from the early morning light. 

No warm ups allowed, we got straight into some ridge riding and switching so that @Andrew John Melvill could get a taste of what's to come on his first FB+ drive.

After playing around in the first set of bowls, we enjoyed some tea and watching another convoy tearing up the same area.

From here we touched on a sabkhas, then loops up north west into the big bowls to end the day. Big G-forces, big noise, big fun. We decided to extend the trip a bit to do some extra loops

@azad got the dreaded CEL in this final set of bowls, so we headed to an easy exit. Hope the car is feeling better soon.

 

Thanks @DP1011@Looper @Zulfikhar Naiyar for getting us in and out!

I really really enjoyed it and hope everyone has a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing you again in the sand soon .

 

 

IMG_0109.png

IMG_0108.png

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use