Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Nahil - Series 40 : 3 Hours - Abu Dhabi - 8 Jun 2024

A big thank you to @DP1011 for such a great introduction to FB+ level. I had a fantastic time, especially on the play through double bowl! 

The kind words and support from you and @Looper gave me a lot of confidence to relax and enjoy the challenges of the drive. 

The support to newer drivers and true community spirit of Carnity is always a pleasure to experiance. Thanks to the entire convoy for this. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

I was late by 4 mins and saw the convoy was already aligned for moving, so I accepted @Looper 's advice of supporting the Newbie drive, which actually worked as one of the cars broke @Batuhan Kulac down in between, and I had to pull it with my beast to the tarmac road back.

The newbie drivers had a good learning that how does it works to pull a car from middle of desert to a tarmac road.

Look forward to drive soon with you guys. Cheers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

3 minutes ago, Gautam Banka said:

I was late by 4 mins and saw the convoy was already aligned for moving, so I accepted @Looper 's advice of supporting the Newbie drive, which actually worked as one of the cars broke @Batuhan Kulac down in between, and I had to pull it with my beast to the tarmac road back.

The newbie drivers had a good learning that how does it works to pull a car from middle of desert to a tarmac road.

My Hero 🥰

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gautam Banka said:

Everything that happens - happens for a purpose - some say Karma is a B*&^%h. The meeting time was 5:30 for drive off time set to 5:45 and we were already late after the briefing done and FB+ convoy was in their cars and were about to move out. I was quite sad at that time that we had to turn you back; but glad that there was another convoy to join. However please do understand that even 5 more min is 5x14=70 collective minutes lost. Having said that we were even more glad that you joining the newbie drive helped @Batuhan Kulac and the entire convoy. and you were:

3 hours ago, Batuhan Kulac said:

My Hero 🥰

Meanwhile I remember once tugging you out after you had a bad pop-out. It was your payback for that tug.

just fyi -  @Batuhan Kulac had even worse experience been late once before. By the time he reached the meeting point few weeks ago; not only the convoy had left; but there was no alternative drive to join as well. It's always heartbreaking to see someone drive 100+kms only to drive back. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

6 hours ago, DP1011 said:

Dear Nahil'ians ! 

@Luke K P @Aser @Shaun J @Nizar Shawwa @Julien Recan @Frans M @Alexanderrr @Andrew John Melvill @Faraz94 @Zulfikhar Naiyar   @Brett Eicher @azad @Cristian

Am still recollecting how amazingly every on drove  - But the star of the drive was @Andrew John Melvill who was on his first drive and was able to keep up with the pace and challenge equally with others who had few drives under their belt at this level and second to be highlighted if I had to highlight would be @Faraz94 with his Haval  ! Impressive handling of your machine buddy ! .  We managed to do 50% of what I had planned and soon, we will resume where we finished the drive :) !

Thanks @Luke K P for the Tea again, and you were a perfect SL for the occasion, keeping right distance and rerouting where needed.  and @Looper Thanks for strongly anchoring the centre forward of the convoy, and managing those few refusals.  and @Zulfikhar Naiyar for sweeping us and with communications all times :) 

Am sure you all had a great time, and looking forward to another one soon !  ( Again - Thank you more importantly for being on time - That helped us make the most of our drive and am sure you all noticed it was getting hot by 9am, slightly overshot our exit time by 30 mins: )  

@azad - Hope your issue of check engine was sorted and you are all set for next drive ! 

@Gautam Banka - We missed you - but am glad you managed to pass on your experience to NBs ! 

Below snap shot of what we managed to cover - see you all in sands sooon ! 

image.png.b800fe57dcca57b470cc388cdbc9b31b.png

@DP1011 Thank You for arranging such a wonderful drive. As much as I enjoy pushing my car to the limits; everytime I discover that it can do what I had never thought of 😁

@Looper Bhai I’m still waiting for videos 😁😁

• Thanks (+1) 1

In other news, it was a fantastic lead by @DP1011 and I was quite happy in the middle of the convoy for a change. @Luke K P as second lead was fantastic and made the drive challenging for all the guys at the back. I can tell you that the #6 or #7 car onwards the track was fully churned up and it was quite a challenge to drive there with frequent refusals, but I suppose it was also a great learning experience for both drives and for me while managing the refusals. Whenever we stopped for sidees or bowls it was great fun and had enjoyed a lot on the drive. @Frans M and the sweep for the first part of the convoy, @Faraz94 and the second lead behind me and @Zulfikhar Naiyar as the overall sweep did a great job. 

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

14 minutes ago, Looper said:

In other news, it was a fantastic lead by @DP1011 and I was quite happy in the middle of the convoy for a change. @Luke K P as second lead was fantastic and made the drive challenging for all the guys at the back. I can tell you that the #6 or #7 car onwards the track was fully churned up and it was quite a challenge to drive there with frequent refusals, but I suppose it was also a great learning experience for both drives and for me while managing the refusals. Whenever we stopped for sidees or bowls it was great fun and had enjoyed a lot on the drive. @Frans M and the sweep for the first part of the convoy, @Faraz94 and the second lead behind me and @Zulfikhar Naiyar as the overall sweep did a great job. 

@Looper I must say, it was not easy to follow your tracks and keep up with your pace 😄

• Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use