Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Nahel - Abu Dhabi - 8 June 2024

17 minutes ago, Batuhan Kulac said:

Hey Jerome, Do you mind if I sweep? I tend to like it more at the back :) Only if you and Ishak dont mind. Im happy anywhere.

Hi @Batuhan Kulac, @JeromeFJ, I am okay with that 😉

On 6/6/2024 at 5:19 PM, JeromeFJ said:

Dear Desert Drivers, 

Some additional details to Saturday morning.

Arriving at the meeting point, you will see a gate. Approach the gate slowly, and it will open by itself. Last week, the right part was blocked half open, but the left part was operating properly.

If there is still water remaining before the gate, you can go around driving 50 m more on the road and going around, coming back to the gate along the fence.

image.png.3cd79c038d16568cb0cc5282ab7936f7.png

Be sure your car is in the best condition to drive with the heat, and remove unnecessary items from the back seats and the trunk areas.

I will indicate tomorrow by the end of the afternoon the convoy order and the radio frequency. If you have not done it yet, please program in advance the 10 Carnity frequency.

I highly recommend doing this since there is a large puddle of water at the route that Google maps would take you right in front of the gate. 

Hey all, apologies again about the inconvenience my little jeep caused today. I hope that at least it was a spectacle watching thunderbird 2 tow me all the way to the starting point and assiting me further on the highway. Luckily, with the little throttle response I had left (18%), allowed me to get the car to a proper garage in Dubai. It turns out, just like Ishak's OBD scan had suggested, that it was due to a weak connection at the throttle positioning sensor. Once a new cable was installed within minutes, the warning lights turned off and the car was back to normal. 

Thank you to @Gautam Banka in the 392 for pulling out its little JK brother, @Ishak for always being ready to help out with the wrench and the OBD scanner, @Zubail and @JeromeFJ for the towing ropes and the rest of you for being super chill dudes. I hope you enjoyed the second half of the drive as well. I will keep the gear I took from you in the car for when out paths shall cross once more.

See you all under some luckier circumstances on another day on the sand. Have a good weekend. Stay safe. Dig and claw.

• WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

3 minutes ago, Batuhan Kulac said:

See you all under some luckier circumstances on another day on the sand.

Inshallah! 

Good to hear from you!

Yes, it was amazing second part, with big dunes, amazing views, adrenaline and feeling of the car, I mean not overspeed, the biggest problem of mine as of now))

Thank you @JeromeFJ, you were 100% right, this part of desert worth waking up early and going to AD, thanks for that experience 

Thanks all, hope see you soon on the sand, most probably after Eid , enjoy weekend!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Batuhan Kulac, good to know you could safely reach Dubai, and resolve the issue. Many thanks @Gautam Banka for pulling him carefully to reach the exit, and keeping assisting further. Great team spirit!

For the rest of us, we had like 2 drives in a single day out :) Immediately after the start, we were already reaching big dunes, and they were only becoming higher. Beautiful terrain to go up and down, driving on the big faces, climbing and looping. The convoy was going very well, with a good mix of experienced NB, and additional IM or FB+. In one of these big climbs, with cross tracks at the bottom, the vibrations probably achieved to deteriorate the connection of a sensor, enough to keep the Jeep of @Batuhan Kulac idle. We returned to the starting point, @Gautam Banka pulling him carefully while I was trying to find a route as flat as possible. 

For the second run, the convoy reduced to 5 cars made the the most of the area, going well into the FB level. We increased the pace, and you were all focused on your lines going through these majestic dunes. We passed trough some impressive bowls, and steep descents were the sand was rolling below the cars with this characteristic rumble. 

Very well done @Dariush Eghtedari, @Zubail @Giacomo, Big thank you to @Ishak for the support assisting to diagnostic the faults in @Batuhan Kulac's car, and sweeping the convoy.

You can post your pictures in the gallery. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and see you next time !

• Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

What I have learned in Carnity is team work. All for 1 and 1 for all. We are always there to get any stucked car to rescue and safe point. I remember my fewbie drives last year where I was literally pulled out of lisali to Qudra. Look forward to seeing you guys soon. Have a nice weekend. 😀👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Batuhan Kulac said:

Hey all, apologies again about the inconvenience my little jeep caused today. I hope that at least it was a spectacle watching thunderbird 2 tow me all the way to the starting point and assiting me further on the highway. Luckily, with the little throttle response I had left (18%), allowed me to get the car to a proper garage in Dubai. It turns out, just like Ishak's OBD scan had suggested, that it was due to a weak connection at the throttle positioning sensor. Once a new cable was installed within minutes, the warning lights turned off and the car was back to normal. 

Thank you to @Gautam Banka in the 392 for pulling out its little JK brother, @Ishak for always being ready to help out with the wrench and the OBD scanner, @Zubail and @JeromeFJ for the towing ropes and the rest of you for being super chill dudes. I hope you enjoyed the second half of the drive as well. I will keep the gear I took from you in the car for when out paths shall cross once more.

See you all under some luckier circumstances on another day on the sand. Have a good weekend. Stay safe. Dig and claw.

@Batuhan Kulac, happy all was resolved mate! Sounds like you must have been a bit concerned until it turned out to be a fairly simple issue. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use