UAE'S MOST ENGAGING CAR SITE

Ford General Discussion Forum | Ford EcoSport Forum | Ford Edge Forum | Ford Escape Forum | Ford Expedition Forum | Ford Explorer Forum | Ford E-Series Forum | Ford Fiesta Forum | Ford Figo Forum | Ford Flex Forum | Ford Focus Forum | Ford Mustang Forum | Ford Pickup Forum | Ford Taurus Forum

Sign in to follow this  
gary

Will engine oil getting slightly darker harm the engine?

Around a week back i have noticed that the engine oil looked slightly darker then it was not that i got any warning message or anything but i am a bit worried as to it may damage my car if i ignore this?

Engine oil gets darker closer to its change date or km. If you have no record of km or time when u change the last engine oil, then better get it changed now and keep track. Engine oil cost not much so why risk it.

it is time to get the engine oil changed or if you check the engine oil in the morning you will know exactly if its getting dark or not sometimes in dark it shows that the oil looks dark.

i also suggest that get the engine checked too. at times when there is something with the engine the engine oil may get dark overnight and before it gets registered in the car computer get the car engine checked.