•  
Advertise here

Ford Focus 2010 Automatic Transmission

H83490

I own a 2010 Ford Focus Trend 5 door Hatchback

My Main concerns still remain as follows.

1.The Car Jerking when coming to sudden halt the Re-Acceleration.

2. Cranky Noises coming from the Transmission during the 1st Scenario.

3. A new issue that has suddenly come up is after the car is parked for a long time, and its time for a drive during the first stop the whole car violently shudders and if in slow moving traffic the whole car will shake you have change the gear to neutral and back to drive twice for the shudder to stop.

Has anyone been experiencing the same as the dealer says its normal which isnt based on the many transmission experts i have visited?

Thats crap, how dealers easily wash off hands here with their warranty by saying its normal. Why dont you ask any specialized gear mecahnics shop like AC Delco, ZF in aweer area check the car and give you in writing whats wrong with gear. Once you have this report show it to dealer and ask them to fix under warranty. This is absolutely not a normal behavior and it def sounds like a gear misbehavior due to something.

For point number 3, try to warm up car nicely from idle for like 10-15 mins and then drive and see if it still shakes. If it doesnt may be the oil reaching the AT taking some time, and once car is fully warm it circulate better.

Thanks Jai,

Have scheduled an appointment with two Transmission Expert and will seek a report which i will head straight to the dealers.

We have tested many similar cars yet none duplicates the same problems but they insist they have checked and even have had ford technicians check it and they say its as per design intent.

Am really tired and frustrated of the car.

• 1 year later...

Are there any Transmission Experts in Dubai, as I was getting a warning of Transmission Mal-function on my 2011 Focus, hardly done 80K. Better to goto the right person. I am new in Dubai! Can someone please guide me. Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1

• 10 months later...

Hi

For the 2010 Focus I think you need to replace ATF and filter and check gearbox crankcase for any bends or hits that may affect the ATF filter flow before going in any repairs or replacements that may cost you at least 2,500 AED and use Super fuel 98 octane and feel the difference for 1 full tank.

and you may need to check lower torque support (lower gearbox mount for lose or damages that may require replacement

Please use Original Motorcraft oil and filter you can use aftermarket that ATF change process may cost around 400 AED and the Fuel tank about 90 AED

for 2011 model there was 3 gearboxes type Dura Shift and CVT and Dual Clutch and they had several recalls please verify with the dealer.