•  
Advertise here

Timing Belt

You can actually go to Technical Resources in Al Quoz area or Auto Zone in Rashidiya. These both workshop is pretty good in decent workmanship and not so expensive as compare to Al Tayer. Call and ask the estimate over the phone and then visit and see for yourself with amount of cars and work they have in hand, which one is better.

• 2 months later...

michaelw wrote:

> hey jonatz26, would you mind share your experience of those workshop. I got

> a 5 years old ford focus with 80k , does it need to replace the belt?

> Thanks in advance ;)

As per manual yes it does need replacement. What i did was search first in the internet to see how a professional mechanic proceed in changing the timing belt. So I went around Al Quoz and see if they "know" how to remove it and if I notice that they don't know how to do it, I will search for another.

And after alot of shops I went, I finally ended up in ENOC at satwa where there is an Autopro shop and a mechanic who knew how to remove and replace the timing belt. Though they don't have the "special tool" to hold the camshaft in place, he improvised. And now I have a smooth running engine (since it was also tuned up by the mechanic) and a new timing belt.

P.S. The old timing belt was still as good as new but I am just being careful.

HTH!

Thanks again, 600dhs sounds right for the job, after reading your post. I watch a few replace timing belt videos on youtube, now I know what is a tensioner. :)

well, planning to get this done during summer break, going to check the spare parts, timing belt, tensioner, water pump, brake pads. My focus been good, just minor problem,

would you mind let me know how do you get your parts? After research online, i am even more clueless :shock:

Cheers