•  
Advertise here

MyFord Touch problems

Hello everyone,

I have a ford explorer 2012 and its MyFord touch system is giving me some trouble. It worked perfectly before but these days I am noticing that it gets stuck at times when I am operating it. Someone told me to have it rebooted so I did once but the problem persists. One time it even blanked out on me which was very alarming.

Did someone else have the same problem? Since it works fine majority of the times should I have it inspected or not?

sorry to hear about your problem jaseel

I am experiencing the same ... at first the voice command wouldn't work and then my radio got stuck, the screen was on even after the turned the car off. When a friend of mine had this kind of problem once, her's fixed itself up after 10 minutes but mine stayed on till half an hour and then it seemed as if it just died. Should I be looking into a master resetting?

Can someone help with this?

Well master resetting is the first thing you might want to try and hopefully it will start working and if it doesn't you might need more help. There is step by step help available online. Basically it will reset your MyFord touch to it's default settings so everything that you have saved will be erased. Go to > Settings > System > Master Reset. Good luck.

Hi guys, this does not look like a master reset issue, master reset is used if the program is causing an issue, this seems like the program and the system both are causing the problem. You might need to go for a Reboot procedure. Make sure your dealer is aware of the procedure. This will involve some work under the hood.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the huge help with the Myford touch ... the master reset option worked really well for me. it seems to have stopped getting stuck which was the major issue. Don't think i need the reboot for now but thanks again!