•  
Advertise here

black flex looks dirty

sajeed1

I have a black flex so everyone might know how important it is to keep a black ride very very clean otherwise even the smallest speck makes the car look dirty. For a while now I have noticed that every time I get a wash, the flex body and windows has water sports on it. There is nothing special being used and since this has never happened to any of my previous cars before I have no idea how to go about it.

Little help?

The water spots are just the salt and other kind of strong minerals in the water ... like if u are using salty tap water which is usually available here in the UAE ... have you tried waxing it? take a trip to some cars product store and find washing substances ... if you're flex is black then u need to take it up a notch.

Some specific car cleaners work like magic but i was really surprised at my wife when she told me to use vinegar water ... mix the both and scrub on car ... I was like hell no at first but the results were satisfactory ... Actually I was fighting dirt spots on my car so not exactly water but the shine afterwards was surprising!!

Women's are really crazy and think from their kitchen experience only. Cars have so expensive multilayer of paint to live for so many year. To protect that paint it has few coats of lacquer so that paint wont get burnt in sun in a year or two.

Every layer of lacquer you scrape off, will leave your car shiny like new, but after few months or year all the paint will get faded spots by sun burning, as no lacquer protection layer is present. In your case vinegar might kill the lacquer layer and leave your car paint without any protection.

Bottom line, don't use vinegar on car and leave that crazy housewives idea in the kitchen for few hundred dirhams cutlery and crockery. Professional grade car shampoo have strong cleaner to fight the dirty spots but gentle enough to not to scrape the lacquer off. My two cents.

See the point is that I do use a car shampoo and everything but i guess the water leaves behind some marks and they do look like they are caused by salty water

anyways ..thanks a lot guys ... the problem has diminished since the time i used the mineral water instead of tap water ..

• 1 month later...
Guest frederics
:lol: My daughter saw it yesterday and couldn't wait to get in the car and tell me about it. I think it is so funny that both girls pay so much attention to the limited amounted of Flexes we see around here.