•  
Advertise here

battery light popping up

apsingh

hello carnity ppl

A friend of mine has an explorer and was wondering why the battery light on his car kept coming on. After re-connecting the battery and making sure everything else is in place ... he then proceeds to tell me that he changed his alternator a couple of days ago ... could that be the problem? -_-

Since we were done with the digging up nothing else came to my mind on what we could do ... so could it be the alternator or does he need to take it in?

Can this be a bad alternator ? Very much a possibility. Or you can also check the connections between the battery and the alternator. your alternator may require a new plug or fixing of the connections. Check if the alternator is throwing out the required amount of voltage. This is obviously when the alternator IS the problem. The battery light might be coming on for another reason as well.

Battery light appears means battery is not getting charged and car is running with existing battery power remaining in the battery. If you ignore after 2-3 days car wont start.

For checking why its coming, main source to doubt is the dynamo (alternator) as kadri referred. Get that fully checked, fixed or replace until you have battery charge .