•  
Advertise here

Bizarre smell, could it be?

Hi all

I am having an issue which is ridiculous in nature but i have been told by a friend that the issue can be serious. i got back from a trip last night and this morning when I sat in my car i noticed a bizarre smell coming from the front of the car. It was so disgusting that I almost wanted to throw out the cup of coffee I had in my hand. I got out and called a neighbouring friend. He said that it seems to be a mouse stink and said that this issue is more serious than it sounds since mice might chew up wires under the dash/otherwise which can cause sparks, etc. I am going to do a round up cleaning of my car to find the little prick but I also wanted to know what I should do to keep them away from my car?!

God - I am really sorry to hear about your problem ... now we have to worry about the mouse around here as well -_-

how about you keep a pet snake now :D Did you manage to find it? May spread rat poison in your car and then have it cleaned up ... and do the practice every time you leave your car for a long period of time?

Hi Jaseel,

Meet your new friend ;)

Mice can come as a surprise. I suggest you have the entire car (under the hood, dash, trunk and seats) cleaned and checked, then you can spread the mice poison for a day and leave it there. Have the inside of the car cleaned again - so that you don't inhale any poison while driving and see if they return.

And good idea about spreading the mice poison every time you leave the car for longer periods of time!

post-652-140417648855_thumb.gif

Hahaha!! thanks guys for your expert advice! I actually find snakes very cool. Wish I had the guts in me to keep them as a pet ...

Anyyways - I kept myself away from the car for a day till I got someone to clean it up .. I didn't want to catch the mouse dust .. The cleaner made me wear a mask too! God I didn't know it was going to get this serious. Anyways I found nothing in my car, I did find a hose chewed on under the hood and wasn't too happy about that. got the carpets and all cleaned and washed .. smells brilliant now. Scared of it coming back .. thinking I should have mouse traps :evil:

What else can I do ... certainly don't want to go through it again!