•  
Advertise here

Problem with my focus

sajeed1

Salaam to all brothers. I have ford focus 2000 model. The engine hesitates after slowing car from around 60 kmph to 20-30 kmph. The radio shuts off and on itself. Tihs happens for good 5-10 seconds. Sometimes also happens when I pick up speed after starting out but mostly only when slowing down. The engine does not shut off. Anyone knows solution? I have checked and cleaned grounds too. Seemed better for only a week but came back again.

Hesitation is caused mainly when the fuel flow to the engine is disrupted. The commonly known problems that may cause this disruption are:

Unclean fuel filter

Abnormally functioning carburetor

unclean fuel injectors

Damaged spark plug wires and

Damaged spark plugs

If you have ever been under the hood you would know these components of your car

Dear friend,

Hamid is spot on but i will also have to add that this problem of yours needs to be fixed A S A P. inconsistent fuel flow into the

car's engine means that your engine and acceleration will be badly affected. How long has it been since this problem surfaced?

Oh thanks guys and yeah Frans I get what you are saying there, i don't exactly remember when I felt the hesitation first but I can be sure to tell you that at first the hesitation was very low and it grew with time - lets say its been two months. Now I feel that the problem has reached its peak since my car distinctively hesitates unnecessarily ...

No way! why would the temperature affect the spark plugs .. some are known to be heat resistant but at the same time the slightest damage to them can keep growing and eventually the lack of required electricity to the car means your engine is being pressurized. Jeez and i thought buying a car was a luxury these days. Once a car starts depreciating ... its all downhill from there... one after the other problem needs attention.

Thanks guys for all the details and precise answers. Now I have a pretty good idea where the problem may lie and I will bring these questions up when I take my car to Al Tayer I just thought its important that I know what I will be dealing with. Not to mention the cash I will be needing for it.