•  
Advertise here

Understanding SYNC

Hello i dont know if this question has been posted already or not .. someone please direct me to the specific thread if it has been i would be really appreciative. I am trying to get around to understand the ford sync system ... basically everything related to it.. bluetooth connection, usb port, media sync, attaching my mp3 player. Sorry if I sound very naive but i only used to own cars to drive them around but with all this technology going on i cant resist but to try them out. A friend of mine was surprised to know that i owned a ford focus but used none of its techy functionalities. TY

Okay turn on the bluetooth and follow these steps for bluetooth connection:

Ford Sync cant setup in a running vehicle so turn your car on and keep it on park mode

Press phone button on the radio

Press track till Add bluetooth device comes up. press ok

The system will confirm the go-ahead then with your phone you can search for bluetooth devices ie, your car.

Usually the phone requires a PIN or passcode this will be displayed on the screen.

When connected it will say device connected. This means the pairing has been done.

in order to make calls you can press the voice icon on the steering wheel. Say Dial and when it says number please say the number slowly. by pressing the phone button u can easily disconnect a call as well.

I am assuming you are referring to an mp3 player ... for that just connect your device with the USB port ... you will have a USB connection wire in the car and also along with your phone. The display screen will say indexing which means its reading and accessing all your files. It will then say completed. Use the same voice button and say play track for a specific track. If you don't like voice command then use your track button on the display or the seek button to access your music files. There you go.