•  
Advertise here

Steering wheel is making noise, how to stop it?

sarkar

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

check if the car is leaking power oil (red color) it could be your power pump and the bearing makes noise and can be fixed just by replacing the seals and the bearing or it could be from your steering assembly if the leakage in from below the car, check the scarp shops and get it replaced

I'm having the same issue with my 2003 Accord. Very noisy whining sound when turning the steering wheel. I've already had the power steering fluid changed, and I am beginning to think the pump is starting to go out.

If it's a whining, and only when I turn, is it the pump, or something else?

I think, It could be a bearing which can be replaced easily, it comes along with the seals of the power pump and a good mechanic can replace it, better to go and look for a good garage because an amateur can ruin your pump while replacing the seals then you will have to replace the whole pump, again in the worst case scenario if at all you need to change the pump, go to the scrap shops you will find plenty. again these scrap shops give 1-3 days warranty and any issue you can get the part replaced. All the best

• 5 weeks later...
the Steering wheel of my 2000 Honda Accord is making noise when turning.

What is this noise and how to stop the noise.

you hear the sound when the car is running and when you do the turning?

all the answers above are correct for the possible caused of that noise, and it could be also coming from the wheel bearing, cv joints and inner tierods, these things are connected and functioning when you do steering

• 2 months later...