•  
Advertise here

Driving Habit tips which will save the life of your car

Hi All, I just wanna share some inputs regarding about the driving habits with good benefits to your car, this is not a safety driving tips on the road...

Note: i am not a professional in automotive, but i know about cars, parts, and maintenance... I had 3 cars in my country, and I have Honda city here.

First start in the morning:

- After starting your engine, don't run instantly, just wait for 2-5 mins. leaving your car idle, or wait until the green oil gauge sign turned-off,because the oil went down for the whole night....so let the oil pass through where it needs to go....before giving load to your engine..... especially for car using the timing chain and the cylinder heads....soon you will be having a problem like engaging of metals sound in your engine, and also your piston ring will be worn out easily....so your engine will lose power and compression.

Passing into Humps

- I've noticed many drivers didn't stop or slow down when they are passing into humps, especially for small humps...or even big humps... it will give more problems to your car in future if you are doing that all the time....it will give more on underchasis problems, like suspension, shock absorber, upper and lower ball joints, outer and inner tierods, steering column and stabilizer...etc....so better to slow down and pass onto humps smoothly :)

Instant Speed for matic cars

- If you are driving automatic car, don't step on the gas pedal until the floor just to push your car instantly from 0-100.... you are just wasting some gas as it will not burn properly by the combustion system and you will not also get the speed you want because it is automatic gear unlike manual,....then you are also giving more stress to your engine which can cause easily wear of some engine parts...especially for those car with small engine size like 1.3-1.6... better to give normal gas step at the beginning, then wait until you get the speed and then you can now give more gas in the highest gear, all gas you are throwing in this gear position will be used.... don't over rev. your car just to push it instantly.... it may cause also the overheat .

you can correct me if I have stated wrong...and please anyone can add information with this topic...i will add more soon...

Thank you for reading :)

Drive safely!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...