•  
Advertise here

Audi A4 is jerking on shifts and braking.

My 2005 model Audi A4 GCC specs, is kind of jittering and jerking while gear switches. It feels more terrible while downshifting as if somebody is hitting me from my back.

Car has been recently serviced for 80000 kms and also changed the radiator last summer. I am second owner and havent done anything else so far in last 3 year. What could be causing such bolting jerks all of sudden? Does maintaining car outside other than Audi service center in Dubai is the cause of this issue?

It looks like first you should get the gearoil and gear filter changed immediately. If its still jerking in gear shift than show to any gear workshop they can rebuild the gear. There is one in Aweer (ras al khor) main road, when you come from dubai towards hatta on Hatta oman way get into service lane after eppco and keep driving staright and its on ur right hand side, dont know the name precisely. I think its DEXOL.

• 2 weeks later...

You have CVT 6 speed transmission if your car is 4 or 6 cylinder which is much sensitive to oil type and level and temperature also so you have to be careful about it and about the transmission oil filter and the air flow meter and TPS is also reflecting much on it.

It is better to check DTC as a beginning for engine and transmission and ABS/ESP and clear them and go for a test drive after checking oil quality and level and oil filter and cooler performance.

If all are fine it may require replacing air flow meter or TPS calibration.

Good luck