•  
Advertise here

What Kind of cars are best for Dubai Roads

If given an option out of few that are Sedan, SUV or 4x4. which of these are best for Dubai Roads.

As living in the UK for 10 years i owned a Sedan that is a Golf Volkswagen and i am transferred to Dubai where i had the same mindset of a sedan.

But here i got confused with the verity of cars that people are driving on the road and now i don't know which car should i buy.

For all those experienced drivers i will be really thankful if you would advise me which type of car is best.

Best Regards

Sumesh KV

• 2 months later...

Sedan and 4x4 are pretty common choice here in Dubai. Reason for sedan or luxury sedan as they come with cheaper price tag when used and easy to fuel up due to cheaper fuel than most of European and Asian countries.

4x4 are second famous due to both the above points of being lesser used value as people change car here every 3-5 years and cheaper petrol cost, along with the real part of country is only reachable by capable 4x4. People who are adventurous and going places always prefer 4x4.

SUV arent that famous, as i personally find them quite confuse in the league. Not luxurious as sedan and not capable as 4x4, something in between, you know what i mean.

Though you asked the question in Honda, so i assume you must be more inclined with Honda as a brand, then i can suggest good sedan in Honda is Accord, Accord and Accord. Honda 4x4 (pilot) is not very capable as other good performing 4x4 like Land cruisers, Prado, Patrol, Pajero, Touareg etc.

• 1 month later...

consumer report shows the best car is automatic rather than manual, taking into account the traffic snarl in dubai. i would suggest sedan and a car that is good at maneuvering corners. civic can be an option if you are a honda fan, bt im worried about parking space.

I dont think that there is any specific car for dubai roads, off lately the traffic on SZR is more like bumper-to-bumper drive, but still i think manageable. i would prefer those large SUV over cars.

• 6 months later...

Since the roads in Dubai are generally express ways and highways, one needs a car with more power and reliability. And thus, Hatchback cars are not that suitable to drive on huge roads like Sheikh zayad road. I suppose 4x4 cars are best suited cars to drive on the Dubai roads. They are more reliable, luxurious and also better comfort level. Because of the never ending traffic on the Dubai roads, 4x4 segment cars make the journey more comfortable and relaxing.