•  
Advertise here

Steering axle

I own a 2010 Civic, which has a recurring problem.........whenever the steering is turned in either direction it makes a knocking sound. The dealership have tried to solve this problem 5 times already, once changing the entire steering assembly. Recently when i took my car for a routine service in Sharjah, the new Service Manager explained to me that this issue is common in Civic's.

What i wan't to know is that if other Civic owners have encountered this problem as well.

To be honest, im driving civic since 2007 and never had such issue. Dont really belive on service advisor talks as many times they just say as its been told to them from their busy mechanic who have no time to bend under your car and get the axle boots, CV boots and joints inspected.

Get car checked at outside competent garage in al quoz or rashidiya and i am sure you will able to fix this issue near tires and axle area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ask the dealership guy to check the powersteering fluid, and did they check the motor. It happened to me once and the service guy found it was the problem with clogged lines. Also check out if there is any leak, not a major issue but good to be safe.

This happened last week as I notice the car vibrates when I step up the acceleration. The car wan't handling well. I called the Honda Rashidiya Service Centre and they said it may be due wheel balance and alignment and asked me to visit them and get it fixed. This became an constant issue and the sound of engine wasn't sweet too. I called up another mechanic and drove the car for some distance, and told me that it is nothing but an axle problem. Rarely it happens in a Honda car that too civic. There are 'slack' on both side of the axles, and he left side was in bad shape, and also the grease was leaking on that side. This was check and now its perfect no issues. Sometimes we never know what the real problem is, a lot depend on our luck too.