•  
Advertise here

Windows issue

ajayh

Hi guys!! I just need a little help with the power windows of my Honda Civic 96. The front passenger side window rolls down but not back up. As for the two rear windows, they do not respond at all. Unsurprisingly, all these problems surfaced at the same time.

Note: My driver side window has no issues at all. It is almost as good as new.

I do not know where to look for any problems and at this point I am not even sure whether this really is an electrical issue or not.

Please advise.

Sounds like a connection issue somewhere mate. It could be the harness of the wire in the driver's door. Check the wires for any visible damage. You can also use a 12v tester for checking the circuit. Or you could run a by-pass to test the circuit first. Just download the service manual online and test it against the graph.

• 1 month later...

Farzaan Wow!! You sound like a qualified technician mate. Unfortunately, I am not too knowledgeable when it comes to car-related

technical stuff. Btw the problem seems to be getting worse. Even the driver side window gets stuck at times now. Just can't

seem to find the time to go to Al Futtaim trading.

Most problems concerning power windows are either wiring-related or they are caused by wear and tear within the door. You should know that determining the component of the window system that is malfunctioning is critical in diagnosing and fixing the problem and restoring your window to working condition.

It's ok if you are not an expert as the process is simple. Take a good look at the long, coiled piece of wire which connects the window to the metal window regulator. You can just replace the coil if it is rusted or broken. If the coil is in good condition however, then scan the metal window regulator for loose or broken pieces. It could be something very minor like an out of place wheel or screw.