•  
Advertise here

What should i look in S8 before buying

My office colleague is selling his Audi S8 2006 model with almost 100,000 kms drive. Its not that i don't trust him but its better to get it checked before i deal. Can anyone here help me identify the weak point or any known issues in this Audi. Appreciate all your help and feedback. Thanks.

The first thing I would buy in any used car is the tires. What I would recommend is for you to inspect the car in a flat pavement so that you can check it's balance. Then I would inspect the car's body if there are any rust present. I am a thorough inspector. Last is for me to test drive and see how smooth it will run. If that is ok then the deal will continue from there.

It should be obviously with low km the better as compare to other cars in market. It should have dealer service history, if not then from any reputed garage (not with enoc eppco oil change history please). Gear shifts smoothly, no rattling at 120kmph, no accident history and repainted panel. If i am not wroing S8 should response 0-100 in less than 7-8 secs to check if engine is in top condition or not.

Check the ABS block before you buy. Drive on hi speed and try hard braking and see ABS should kick in and give that jittery affect to hold your car straight and not skid either ways. In older S8 thats a kind of part that fails first. Happened this with my colleague last summer and costed around 14000 dhs to fix it.