•  
Advertise here

My suspension is making cracking noises! what do i do??

abdulnj

hello everyone,

i have an r8 2009 model and recently while turning right i have cracking noise from my front right side. i had taken it to nabooda and they handed me a 40k quote saying i need to change the whole suspension, front and back and everything related to it. i still drive it on a off but it doesnt seem like such a problem that needs 40k. i have been looking for a good garage that can have a look at this problem but i am not sure which ones are actually familiar with the r8. can any of you help? also any idea how to get the software upgraded to the ones they use on the v10 and sat nav cd. mine got damaged.

thank you!

I am not surprised to hear 40k for whole suspension change for R8, after all its Audi flagship sports car and will definetely demand that respect. 4-5 years old doesn't demand whole suspension change unless you or previous owner was ripping car 24 hours in Autodrome. More than likely it must be bushes or one of two sides springs require change (most likely front)

There are real good garage in Al Quoz that deals in German cars, make a visit and show to them. Tony Edwards, VIP German, Max, House of cars, Polimar, Sara Auto.

Also worth checking if any of the suspensions especially shock absorbers are leaking, they have some special type of pressurized hydraulic oil and if any one of shocks are leaking, may be you will experience the same squeaking and cracking noise. Usually suspension runs for good 100k + kms without a hiccup.