•  
Advertise here

How to spin S8 wheels

I have recently purchased 2006 model Audi S8, its a 5.2 liter engine according to wikipidea it has 444 horsepower but when i give full throttle car is not making that screeching tire noise at all. It moves steady and slow and then pick up the speed, whereas i want to spin wheels the way many movies like transporter shows that car runs after a big wheel spin. Any tips or trick here for this?

• 4 months later...

As the S8 has Quattro drivetrain, i.e. 4 wheel drive, it is difficult to spin the wheels. Also, the main reason you are not tyre squealing is that the traction control is active and preventing the wheel from spinning. Even de-activating the ESP would be unlikely to do anything. But the question I want to ask is why you want to in the first place? If you want to play at movie stars pretending you're in Hollywood then I question your motives. By something Japanese and move to a different forum.

I second with bandycoot on buying japanese or American big muscle car that can do the burn out for fun sake.

However, doing burn out is not a sign of fast car. Its a sign of failing car to transform the car power to make it run faster and slipping the tires on road = total waste of car engine power. Faster cars always have a better drivetrain to translate the engine power to moving power and make car move fast and not slip.

In transporter if I am not wrong they used Audi A8 LWB and I am sure it is re-programmed to do that as its even more difficult to do wheel spin in lwb with such a beautiful and efficient A8. I wonder that Audi should sue the transporter director for showing such behavior that spoils the Audi cars image......IMHO.