•  
Advertise here

a few seconds hesitation

ranjeet

Hi guys ... I have owned my A5 08 for quite some time now and a few weeks ago I noticed a little hesitation when i switch to drive ... it only lasts a few seconds but a person driving it can easily notice it ... iv drove other audis and they don't do that. The pick up is pretty smooth.

i noticed the same hesitation when it comes to a stop as well ... just a few seconds but its there. I am very particular about my ride and wanted to know if I can have it fixed. i don't mind taking it to the dealership but I want to know the reason for it first before I let them touch my car.

thanks

Not to sound too technical but the problem can either be a boost leak .. or this problem could also be related to your coil packs or the wires leading to them ... the spark plug wires could be damaged so you might need a change in that ... but this is definitely a mechanical problem since I have dealt with it before .. a hesitation seems to be a small problem but it can develop into a big one. Have it checked?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Imran: Slight hesitation can't be due to bad spark plugs or plug wires as in that case he will also feel other severe notable misbehavior like uneven idle, missing, loss of power etc.

To my mind if its just a few seconds hesitation at startup then two things come to my mind that you can check and clean. First it may be air flow related, in that case clean the air filter or get it changed if its too old. Get throttle body clean up. Get air flow meter sensor clean up. After all this air flow clean up restart car and drive for a day and then judge the hesitation again.

Second doubt goes to the gearbox, In that case you can get the gearbox checked and if gear oil and oil filter hasn't been changed since long time, then better get it changed asap as many times so many gear and initial gear (1st and 2nd gear) problems get cured with oil change. Keep us posted.