•  
Advertise here

Audi 5000

Hello folks. I am an old man with an old car. I don't know if anyone will even bother but here goes. My '83 Audi 5000 has 2 problems although it runs and steers fine. After a speedy highway drive one day, I got home and noticed a fluid leak near the fill tank. Please note that it is not at the rack. I replaced the rack and pinion in March 08. It doesn't ever happen after city driving, only after highway driving, and only after it sits. I don't get it. I thought the new rack would fix things. Anybody have a clue as to what could be happening?

Next problem, the car starts really hard. I've checked the plugs, the wires, the cap and the rotor, but have not replaced them yet. Also the car passed smog with good numbers even though it started weird like this. I don't get it as it's just acting bad upon the initial cold start.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

i think your PS pump has a pressure relief valve to prevent excess pressure .... or maybe just the cap seal is bad? As for hard starts, that could be anything, but by all means check tune-up parts.

Also, look for a vacuum leak near the fuel distributor ---- look way down underneath it.