•  
Advertise here

Disable The Seat Belt Alarm In JEEP

The seatbelt chime can be turned on or off by your dealer, given that they would agree to do it for you that is As another option,

I've found this on another website a long time ago and saved the procedure on a word document. I never tried it but I remember that everyone who did try said it worked. Here goes:

"NOTE:

The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position.

The manufacturer does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver’s seat belt.

2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running)

and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds

ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE:

Although the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver’s seat belt remains unfastened."

Cheers!

The Original Topic http://www.almost4x4.com/vb/showthread.php?763-Disable-The-Seat-Belt-Alarm-In-JEEP