•  
Advertise here

Lifts and Modifications

I know this is a rookie question. I have asked the local Jeep Dealer to replaced my existing 16inch rim to a 17inch and they are recommending to spend DHS 4,800 for the lift plus the cost of the new rims and tyres. I believe this is a bit too much.

Can you recommend a shop in Dubai that can all these stuff at a minimum cost. I have seen a lot of cool looking wranglers on the road and wonder where they are doing the modifications.

I prefer not to do a lift but only change the tires. Will the warranty still be honored? I have the 2012 Sport Wrangler.

Hey There,

Tires & Rims change should affect the dealer warranty at all.

There is a very nice Garage/Shop on sheikh zayed road right on the corner after Peugeot show room, If im not mistaken its called AEV.

But if you are really looking for good price, as i mentioned before, you can go to Sharjah and get it cheaper, you can also trade in your old ones for the new ones.

The rims and tires showrooms are located right after Sahara mall, you will have to take the right exit on the second enterchange of Dubai-Sharjah high way.

Hope this helps.

I have a wrangler sport which came with regular rims and tires, i had swaped it with the ones which comes with Sahara wrangler, i think its 1 or 2 inches biger, soo no problem with that for me.

its a 2008 wrangler sport btw.

Anyway the guys at the garage would inform you on the best option.

Always, the guys in the shop will suggest an option that would be more beneficial to them. Can you recommend a good shop in Sharjah. Went there yesterday, so many options. He he he. Thank you so much for your support Makarov. If I will be knowledgeable in the future, I would definitely be a source of information somehow.

• 2 months later...

Same question a few months later.

I believe Bridgestone AT KA 265/75/16 (31.5") are the largest I can fit on my 2012 sport, however I want at least 33" and possibly 35"

This means at least a 2.5" lift, which begs the question body spacers or suspension lift? What difference advantage/disadvantages etc?

Cheers,

Oggy

Ps ceslou what did you go for in the end.

• 4 weeks later...