•  
Advertise here

Noises from my Wrangler

hi everybody!!! i have a 1997 wrangler. it has 4 cylinders and a 5 speed manual transmission. i went to Europe with my friends for the summer vacations which basically meant that my Jeep was at my father's disposal. just got back 3 days ago. I have noticed a whining sound in the first, second and third gears. initially i thought it was running low on transmission fluid but a thorough check revealed that i was wrong. has any of the Jeep users ever had this problem?

Oddly enough, the sound disappears in the fourth and the fifth gear.

HOLD ON GUYS ... my wrangler is a 1997 model as well ... my owner's manual says use a GL-5. take it in pal. have a qualified technician look at it. When my wrangler first started doing something along the same lines ... the first thing i did was consult the manual and that's where i found out that GL-5 transmission fluid should be used.

kevin wrote:

> HOLD ON GUYS ... my wrangler is a 1997 model as well ... my owner's manual says use

> a GL-5. take it in pal. have a qualified technician look at it. When my wrangler

> first started doing something along the same lines ... the first thing i did was

> consult the manual and that's where i found out that GL-5 transmission fluid should

> be used.

1997? the car is almost two decades old man. trade it with a newer one. ;)

Yes the GL-5 transmission fluid should be used ... moreover I also agree with hashim since its annoying hot outside these days!