•  
Advertise here

2010 Hyundai Accent review

The Accent sits alongside the i30 in Hyundai’s small family category, but is offered either as a four-door sedan or high-specification three-door hatchback.

It has been on sale in the UAE since 2006, though has been mildly refreshed for 2010. It’s a no-nonsense family car that whilst being short on fripperies, should prove to be a dependable means of getting from A to B.

As a sedan, it’s not quite as practical as the five-door hatchback i30, though is capable of carrying four people in comfort – five at a pinch. The interior isn’t anything special and is certainly a little lacking compared to Hyundai’s more modern efforts like the i10 and i30. Hyundai has really raised its game over the past couple of years, but unfortunately the Accent is still from the old stable of cars.

That’s not to say the Accent doesn’t have its merits. It’s been designed with comfort in mind, and isn’t horrendous to look at. However, with the likes of the all-new Chevrolet Cruze having just arrived in the market in 2010, the Accent is showing its age. Admittedly, it’s a little more expensive, but the cost benefits of the Accent don’t really negate the bargain basement feel of the car.

It looks and feels cheap – but thankfully it’s still rather cheap to buy if a little lacking in equipment. Even the highest specification level cars are only fitted with one airbag for the driver and miss out on other commonplace features such as remote central locking.

SOURCE: http://automiddleeast.com/2010-hyundai-accent/