•  
Advertise here

Steering Vibration-Brand New Veracruz 2011 Model

I had purchased a Hyundai–Veracruz from Hyundai-Juma Al Majid showroom on 27th April, 2011. The vehicle is under Warranty for a period of 5 years and extended warranty for 2 years. Ever since I purchased my car, there is vibration in the steering wheel and the same has not been resolved till date in spite of continuous follow-up.

I had noticed on the very second day that there was some problem with the steering. It was vibrating a lot even at a speed of 60 km/hr, and I informed this to Hyundai immediately. I was asked to inform the service advisor about this issue during the 1st 1000Km service. I had made the complaint during the 1st service in May 2011 (3 weeks from the date of purchase). But even after the servicing was completed (mentioning everything is done), the vibration was still there. I had again reported this and was asked to keep the car in the workshop for further checking. They had done a test drive and agreed that there was vibration. After checking, I was told that there was an issue with the tyre, and that it would be replaced as the car was under warranty. The report was made by the workshop engineer, and after some testing the car was returned to me in the same old condition, as the issue was not resolved.

Subsequently I have placed my car with the workshop about six times for several days together, and in some cases more than a week for servicing, but the problem has not been resolved. The last time I placed my car with the workshop, I was told that all five tyres have been changed and the problem has been resolved, but the problem exists at speed of over 120km/hr. Later I have been told that one of the tyres had not been changed. I have discussed the issue with several people in the workshop, showroom and customer service in several times, but I have not received satisfactory response. I have been in touch with Mr. Mohanned, Service Advisor; Mr. Mohamed, Workshop Engineer; Mr. Kusai, Service Manager; Mr. Sulatan, Customer Service Manager; Mr. Asif, Asst Workshop Manager and Mr. Mousa, Workshop Supervisor, MR Wael-workshop manager, Mr. Ahmed- Asst Workshop Manager.

I am still clueless as to what the problem with my car is and whether my service advisors are aware of what the problem relates to, as they have not been able to identify and fix the problem for the past 9 months or give me a timeline to fix the issue. I am very much disappointed with the kind of service I receive and I can make out the difference between the service provided before and after the sale. If the problem is with the tyre, why is it taking such a long time to replace it with good tyres? If the problem is not with tyres, it has to be identified or the vehicle has to be replaced. In all this trial and error game, it’s the customer who is suffering after having spent so much money on the vehicle. This has caused a lot of mental pressure and waste of time and money.

• 2 weeks later...

Customers comes last here and his satisfaction is least in priority list once they sell the car and pocket the cash.

Its horrendous to read what you have gone thru and im sure its very killing for you to go thru after buying brand new car from such a respectable brand like Hyundai. If anything have to be done they must have done it by now and i dont think its worth chasing these morons anymore. If i am in your place immediately after 3 months i would have escalate this problem to Dubai Police, some consumer rights.ae stuff and to Hyundai Korea and publish this experience in 100 facebook and internet forum like a flash flood. Trust me within days and weeks Juma al majid will come and replace your car, as only thing they care about in this region is bad publicity and one of my colleague tried same with Nissan (but on very small scale) and received very nice feedback and result.

Wish you good luck and really my heart cries for your suffering, i pray you get this problem sorted and able to enjoy your ride on which you spend hard earn money.

Thats very sick of Juma al Majid to ignore you and your problem for so long. Replacing all 4 tires isnt big deal as when car only vibrate as some specified speed this clearly mean that some tire isnt balanced properly or may have a swollen tire which again is tire manufacturing defect.

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I've the same problem...

4 tyres replaced (Khumo)

4 tyres replaced by an other brand (Good Year)

Several balancing...

4 wheels alloys replaced (18")

Straight line of the wheels (adjustment of angles of the wheels)

Front right and left bearing replaced...

Front right and left shafts replacement...

Centrale shaft removed for test....

And they will replace all suspensions....

The steering wheels vibrates from 110km/h till 140km/h since my purchase.

(I am French but I go several times in Dubai)

• 6 months later...

Hi friends..

Just to make you all aware.. there is a big group that works behind all these scrap. The pain that I faced... I will never forget in my life

I would like to believe it as a nightmare. The gang will approach you and will encourage you to sell the car. These are from the traders itself. I have to sell my car through the boody beggers of juma al majid for a huge loss.

My request to all of you is not to fallnin the trap and be very cautious. They even sell the cars which was kept for display for almost months. When you go to showroom pls note the chassis number of the display car. Otherwise you will be trapped.

Thank god that Veracruz is out of my parking yard and to be a proud owner of New Nissan Pathfinder 2013.

Bye to Hyundai group.. thank you for all your support...

Vivekac: Good luck man, and good choice made with pathy.

yannick27: Your case is very clear with below two options:

1. If only vibration at steering after 110: Steering stabilizer need change

2. If you have vibration + slight wobble: Wheel balancing is out

I know i might sound stupid to you that after reading that 2 set of tire change and you still have this, but trust me about 90% of tire installing shops DONT BALANCE PRECISELY and that fraction of unbalance cause high speed vibration with little wobble.

Get to some real professional who do wheel balancing with properly calibrated machine. I saw one good shop in Deira few years back, but i cant recall its name and number. Its somewhere diagonally opposite Muraqabat Police Station (Behind metro station).

• 1 month later...