•  
Advertise here

To buy or not to buy?

Hi guys,

My friend bought the Hyandai elantra touring a couple of months ago and has been raving about it since. We both had the Honda accord and he sold his for his new car, he says that it is a lot better in terms of handling and the space inside the car. For him those two things are the key aspects of a fine car. He says that the pickup is also better than the hondas he owned. Now he thinks I should sell mine for a hyundai elantra as well. i seem to be inclined towards his choice ... what do you guys think, should I fall for the trap? :)

Hi Basit,

Honda beats hyundai with fuel economy but the latter beats the prior with its pricing.. your friend is right about elantra's performance since it produces 148 HP with a 1.8 liter engine which is pretty self-sufficient but honda accord specifically wins here as well with a stronger engine. To be honest you need to be behind the wheels before going ahead with the hyundai elantra :)

Agree with David.. Go for a test drive first. I have an elantra but I bought it primarily because my budget is only upto 60k. Had it been higher, i may have considered honda. But actually, i may still go for elantra. :) Service is cost is surprisingly cheap. My 10k service was AED 380..My 15k service was only 180.