•  
Advertise here

Error codes on the car

hello ... i am buying my first azera - its second hand with approx. 40,000 miles on it. When i test drove the vehicle i noticed that one or two error codes came up. Since this is my first hyundai i have no idea what they meant. Although the car worked perfectly fine and i have test driven it more than once to know that its in the best of conditions - should i be concerned about the error codes?

Hi jake,

Error codes are used to determine the problems with the car - its when the car signals you that there is something wrong so obviously you should be concerned about them before buying the car. Test driving the vehicle a couple of times does not help in determining anything so watch out - did you have a talk about the error codes with the seller?

if you could have remembered which codes come up you could have determined the problem by yourself. If you can get a chance to go see the seller and test drive it one more time ... you can note down the error codes and see what the problems are. anyways ...here is a complete compilation of the error codes for you

http://www.permoveo.ltd.uk/tabid/123/Diagnostics/Hyundai/Default.aspx

• 1 month later...