•  
Advertise here

Harsh Gearbox shifts

basu

Salaam everyone, first of all id like to say congrats to all the residents of the UAE due to the expo 2020 announcements! I can literally see everyone celebrating this everywhere in their own ways!!

Okay coming down to the point, I have a 07 Santa fe, old but it never gave me problems. For the past couple of months I felt that I have been experiencing poor gearbox shifts.I searched for the problem online and found out that this is a very common problem in this particular problem. That is when I lost it! I cant believe that I could ever be a part of a general problem with a particular model, that just means that my car was faulty all along. How am I supposed to go about it. I read that i might be getting into an entire transmission replacement :s Hyundai should be responsible for this. At least have a recall on this matter!

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to you too basu .. love the environment of after the 2020 Expo win for Dubai! Looking forward to more developments in our city :)

Anyways sorry to hear about your loss ... the Sante fe seemed to look like a strong car ... maybe your car fell under those couple of cars which had the gearbox issues. Replacement altogether might be a big step. How harsh is the gearbox? Have you had it checked to see if there are any shortcuts? In any case hyundai must be responsible and they might even look into the matter but not without you spending some cash on it. Good luck.