•  
Advertise here

is it a good idea?

Hi,

I am looking for an affordable car that is easy to drive, easy to maintain and still deliver in terms of performance. I am considering the Hyundai Santa Fe. I would like to know if it is a good fit. i know many people must have inquired about the same, so if someone could direct me to the relevant thread, that would be great! Honest opinions please!

It’s roomy inside be it the 5-seater or the 7-seater. Its day to day usability is perfect and its 2.2-litre diesel engine is a strong power plant. Fuel economy is great at 60kmpg for the manual and 53kmpg for the automatic gearbox. It’s well relaxed to drive and with commendably suppressed wind noise.

Hyundai Santa Fe is a good match. It’s easy to drive, stylish, comfortable and spacious and has high quality interior. It has ample engine power and good fuel economy. Well I guess not many people have bad perceptions about Santa Fe ;) You should however give it a test drive and also look out online for some common problems. Every car has some.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you can get a better deal for that price. Its running costs are fair but the car is quite pricey. It has some wind noise which can be really annoying. For even cheaper running costs one can opt for the manual gearbox which is robust, light and easy to use but is also quite notchy. The brake dive, body roll and under steer is a let-down thus not great at going round corners. That is my personal experience.

I have been driving the Santa Fe for a couple of months now. It’s an impressive car. However, I am disappointed by the fuel economy. On top of that i know so many people who agree with me as well. It is not as efficient as I desired. The 2.2L diesel engine is fine but I am of the opinion that it could have been better. It also has some road noise while driving.