•  
Advertise here

Buying a new car

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi guys,

i am thinking of buying the 2013 JX but when i researched about it there seem to be more cons than the pros... i agree that it is a luxury vehicle but with a V6 engine and 265 HP critics are saying there are better options out there and that this vehicle slightly lacks performance ... making it a little slower than other SUVs out there. Need some insight on this ... has anyone test driven this vehicle ?

Hi Habib,

although i haven't test driven this vehicle but the infiniti's JX is a luxury SUV combining the features of different vehicles like Nissan's pathfinder and Altima (there might be more names here). A V6 engine with 265 HP is decent and I have heard that this particular model is quieter and lighter to drive around. Its actually perfect for those car lovers who like to cruise in their vehicles instead of rash driving. You should ideally test drive it before paying the price.

Cheers

hey !

I would chip in a couple of grands and buy a bmw x3, audi q5 or Acura mdx instead ... all three are available to purchase in the UAE and I find all three better than the infiniti JX. In fact I also like chevrolet's tahoe 2013 which is a larger SUV as well AND which can be bought in the same price range!

The cars samar have mentioned are very different and cannot be compared with one another. But the bmw and audi options are better in terms of performance and usage. Anyways, coming back to the infiniti JX, the vehicle IS worth the price since all the reviews I have read suggest that this is a highly reliable vehicle. The interiors are fresh and spacious and the engine specifications are not at all bad. I guess we can conclude that it is a personal choice.

Can somebody give me a good reason why I should pay more for an Infinity and not Nissan? Is Infinity and Nissan the same car, there must be a difference since its priced higher than the latter. All i need is a good driving experience. Any other car that can be compared to Infinity other than Nissan, please advice.