•  
Advertise here

Car is dying

rampal

Hello there, I have an infiniti M35 and have been having problems with my car. I was driving yesterday when my headlights start to flicker and then my radio and nav system went out for a while. it seemed as all of a sudden my car started to lack the power to drive as well. I managed to get home. Now i started it and it would not start. it has never done this before. Is it the battery? Can someone help? thank god for two cars around the house.

Battery problems are getting so common what is wrong with the batteries these days. i was reading a poll where majority of the problems related to cars were coming up as electrical problems or batteries. Theyre one of the worst too. They can leave you stranded anywhere and without any prior warning.

i cant believe that the battery has issues, i had a new battery installed late last year, plus when it was being serviced last, the battery was thoroughly checked. There were no signs of the battery dying before. i think the problem is smaller and related to the components associated with the battery instead of the battery itself. plus i have had battery issues before and when it is due to die, it dies, it doesn't drive me home. This is why i had my battery changed last year as well.

Take my word rampal, your description suggests that the battery has nothing to do with the issue and it might be a battery supporting part which may be causing the electrical failure. There are many things that can be relevant here but most importantly you have to have the immediate influenced things by the battery checked first. Starter, alternator, sensors, etc are some such examples.