•  
Advertise here

Kia Cadenza Road Handling

ibbu_20

To all cadenza owners,

I would like to know your comments on the handling and braking ability of Cadenza. I feel the car is very light especially after 120+, even slightest of uneven road surface shakes the car a lot. I am also not really impressed with the braking ability, though the ABS works fine, but stopping distance is a bit high compared to the amount of power given.

Cornering is also an issue, the car tends to leave the grip sooner than expected.

For all the reasons above I am planning to change the tyres, the OEM on mine comes with Nexen 225/55/17, which I think are of a poor quality and suspecting them for all the problems above.

I know that 2012 top model comes with Hankook Ventus 235/45/18. I want to know if the cadenza's with this specification also observe the issues above

Cadenza is not usally a heavy car and these things you said will always be missing unless you drive Lexus GS430. However to improvise your present condition Hankook or Bridgestone makes much better tire with better road grip than nexen. So you will feel major difference in this upgrade for sure.

• 2 months later...

Finally I have upgraded my tires to hankook Ventus Me01 and I have gone for 235/55/R17 instead of 225/55/R17. The grip has significantly increased and car is more stable with better ride quality. However, the torque steer has also increased a bit, but I realised later that air pressure was @ 40PSI, after reducing to 32 there was a significant decrease in the Torque steer. In the end I am now more convinced, but could have acheived more with Bridgestone potenza re11 or the Dunlop SP sport maxx.

I hope my reviews are beneficial for users willing to have a more refined ride quality from their Cadenza's.