•  
Advertise here

Kia Cadenza 2012 - Pathetic.

Greetings All,

I am the owner of a 2012 Kia Cadenza top of the range that was purchased brand new from the showroom but unfortunately it has been trouble since day 1.

Having owned it for over a year and making countless visits to the service center in Ras Al Khor (Dubai), this is what I have to say:

* Upon purchasing the vehicle, I realized that every time I started the car, the clock would reset to 11AM and all my radio stations were wiped off.

So just a day after delivery, I made my first trip to the service center where I was told the spark plugs were installed incorrectly and later the problem was fixed.

* I also noticed the steering wheel vibrating ridiculously if I drove over 80KM/H, so it wasn't long before I headed back to the service center only to hear excuses such as "The road surface is this way". No matter how much I argued and insisted that all tires be changed since the vehicle hadn't even completed 300KMS, they refused and instead did some sort of temporary fix. However, the result of this was that now the car had started pulling towards the left of the road irrespective of what speed it was being driven at. This meant wheel balancing and wheel alignment had to be carried out thrice before the issue was sorted. Now you're probably wondering what's the big deal here but do you honestly wish to visit the service center thrice in a week with complaint after complaint knowing you bought a BRAND NEW VEHICLE?

* Just when I thought the problems were done with, I noticed the brakes worsening and visited the service center again. No matter how hard you try explaining to them that the brakes aren't strong enough and you have to press the brake pedal a lot earlier now, they don't seem to care. During the test drive with engineer, he jams the brake pedal in and as long as the vehicle stops, there seems to be no problem according to them.

* Now for the worst problem of them all, the SUSPENSION. There is a SERIOUS problem with the rear suspension since it creaks ridiculously loudly whenever passengers or even I unload from the vehicle. I have already taken the car to the Ras Al Khor Service Center FOUR times, but they have been UNABLE to solve the issue. They have tried tightening the suspension, loosening it, removing a couple of rods and a few other bits but nothing seems to have worked yet. Even though the car is covered with a 5 year unlimited mileage warranty and I have paid for a service contract until 40,000KMS, they refuse to change the suspension and only keep giving me a temporary solution which lasts no more than a week.

* Just today, I stopped at a pedestrian crossing for an individual to cross the road and noticed that my hazard light button had got stuck inside! Is this the quality you except from Kia's flagship model?

I have visited the Ras Al Khor Service Center time and again only to be disappointed and not have issues with my car solved.

I wonder if this is the type of service they give to customers, how does it relate to their motto of "FAMILY LIKE CARE"

I cannot even begin to imagine if customers of their flagship sedan are treated this badly, how much worse customers of other models must be treated.

I will certainly, never ever buy a Kia vehicle ever again.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with you. The service center in Ras al khour bull shit.

I had vibration in my cadenza as well since day 2 , I took it to ajman service center which I won’t advise you to do  , then another issue with OIL light which was keep blinking I took to shikh zayed road service center , people there are very nice , they fix all my car issues except the vibration “they did the balancing and alignment 2 times with no use” and the other main issue which is the down shift on the gear “I suppose you have the same issue” they advise me to go to Ras Al khour “ AS all the big head and decisions makers located their”

Vibration same what they told you that vibration can’t be real except it is on all road surface , I said ok fine whatever , gear down shifting the guy notice it and he said it needs new software for the gear , I have told him in shikh zayed road they did it twice and after 2500KM the problem will show again. He said no we have new software to fix this, and like the will punch people because they have issue in the car they decide to keep the car for 3 days  because you bring it with issue they should keep it for 3 days. So I start shouting there that since you will keep it for 3 days because it’s “issue in the car” I need another car now as this is my rights. So they decide to give me the car on second day “imagine this shity people”

And again after the new software it was 3000KM to show the issue again.

I decide to take it once I have time , but this time I won’t be that “good guy” , they have one of two choices even to fix it or I will find some way to do a very big complain even if I take it to court with them.

We have rights, we have paid a lot of money, and I will encourage you to do the same.

i think all cadenza owner should read this , and if they have same issues "which I'm sure they have" we should all make a one complain to kia middle east , and if they didn’t look into this or fix all our issues , we should take it to higher level like department of economic development.

This will make KIA look to our issues and take it serious :twisted:

cadenza white,

The creaking sound from rear suspension is actually coming from your Hand brake spring. Notice that you will not hear this sound when the hand brake is not applied. This sound is ever more evident when people are getting off from the rear seat. You can also reproduce this sound by pressing the very rear of the boot while the hand brake is applied.

For your alignment issue, go only for computer wheel alignment. Hope that will solve the issue. How about the vibration? is it still evident?

As far as the brakes are concerned I am also not very happy with them. I have done 35k and have asked them to change the pads and I hoping that there should be improvement.

regarding the down shift I have noticed this issue in my car as well. There is massive jerk when the car is down shifting from 3 to 2nd gear, but this only noticeable when you are crawling in traffic. I am not sure how to get this fixed, and I am not expecting KIA to help me out on this, especially in Saudi arabia.

I went to Kia couple of times myself trying to figure out the issue, but they couldn't help me. I was lucky that I discovered this issue on my own.

I hope I am talking about the same issue and this solves your mystery.

ibbu_20,

I think you might be correct about the creaking sound. Now that you mention it, I have noticed the creaking sound while pressing the hand brake as well. Have you managed to solve this issue in your car?

The wheel alignment and vibration is fine for now, the current main issue I have to get solved is the hazard light button since it is jammed inside.

I have asked them to change the brake pads but they only keep tightening the brakes, never seem to want to change them.

I'm not sure if you'll have noticed but if you drive at exactly 60 and then drop around 58 and accelerate again, there is a jerk which I'm assuming is to do with the gear shift however it is quite annoying when driving in moving traffic.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, I will surely pay more attention to the creaking noise and if it only occurs when the handbrake is pressed.