•  
Advertise here

Kia design upgrade main reason

Just googling this afternoon some interesting fact about big overhaul of car design and came across Peter Shreyer who has been an actual man behind all of yummy looking Kia design and making the brand instant hit in market. Peter used to work with Audi and Volkswagen cars and in 2006 - 2007 Peter switch to Kia Motors and started designing for Kia cars for 2009 onward models. Kia sales and market respect rose instantly and Kia gained new dimensions worldwide. Later on Peter also took on Hyundai models re work on design and that's why now new Hyundai models are also looks like thoughtfully design and attractive than in previous year.

Its so interesting, that how one man can change the life history of car manufacturer who has been in existence since 1944 for making bicycles. I am sure many of you guys didn't knew and never bother to search, but i am sure who does now know which guy to pass the respect and humble gratitude.

Its really an interesting story how design is so important as compare to other factors of cars.

Chris Bangle is similarly responsible for transforming the BMW image especially with X5 design, that has rocked the market like a storm though accompanied with crappy reliability issues.

How do you rate for maintenance & reliability, I would like to go for mid-size sedan, and thought Kia could be a good option. I heard they improved a lot in recent times. can somebody help me know with their experience, like after how many Km does the car need to go for a screening service, what abt maintenance expense?

This is my second KIA and frankly I am impressed with the car and the engine, the transmission etc. For all these year that i drove my old 2004 Kia Optima, i never faced any problem and clocked nearly 180,000 miles on it. Needless to say i hardly did any maintenance on the vehicle and it was good until i sold it. I remember replacing the fuel pump. So I say go for it and you will nt regret.

• 1 month later...

Kia has this European feel but at an affordable level without sacrificing the features and extras. I was a bit skeptical at first because we had a Kia that we bought as brand new several years back but it failed after a year of using it. Some bad service, quality issues and other hearsays to add. But now, so far so good when I switched back to Kia. It has improved dramatically in several areas. Design is quite impressive. Sturdy ride and it feels safe. Not the best but I can rate the vehicle higher than some leading car brands out there. All thanks to Peter Schreyer.